1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix]3 Body Problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by boomboom, Jun 20, 2023.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Auggie (Eiza Gonzalez)

[​IMG]

2. TimDuncanDonaut

The lady who first blasted the signal. Her backstory in the first episode made her sympathetic. That trauma defined her motivation, while necessary for the plot, gave me conflicted feelings, because by the middle of the series, she's kind of on a villain. The bitterness and her outlook on humanity.

It wasn't until episode 2, that viewers see the protagonists are supposed to be those group of friends (scientists/engineers...etc), not YeWenJie.

More of a personal taste, I could do without some of the relationship stuff. The female lead, cancer dude, and navy dude. I get why that's in the show, for other people, but I skipped some of the cry scenes. On the 'triangle', I didn't read the books, but they kind of foreshadowed cancer dude (Will)'s brain, to be at play in the future.

For the main cast, there hasn't been anyone specific I was attach to. But the science stuff kept me in it. Also the nano strings against the ship, was a good action set piece. Yea the cgi was at times wanky, but I enjoyed it. Rather than having the cult sub-plot drag, they used it as a payoff for the horror action scene.

#42 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ghost Ship all over again

Rocket River

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show had me hooked until episode 5 when it completely went off the rails. The onion knight apparently is the supreme ruler of the earth by episode 6 and mankind is capable of building moon bases. The hot nano-fiber scientist has got to be the worst actor I’ve ever seen along with Indian military guy. What a disappointment this turned out to be.

clos4life and Rocket River like this.
  5. kubli9

Supporting Member

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Her constantly open mouth in the show was irritating for such a pretty woman. I'm not sure if she is doing it on purpose or just simply can't close her mouth without lots of effort. I could have lived with that, except she really sucked as an actor as well.

ROCKSS and kubli9 like this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

I finished watching this show. It was a decent watch with interesting characters and scientific concepts. The execution however, was really dull. Not sure if it's the nature of the novels (I have not read them) but normally I love watching shows again with my wife after I get ahead of her, but this is one I'm not looking forward to rewatching again. I'm hoping she forgets about it so I don't have to.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I enjoyed the first season. The nanotechnology fence was one the most intense scenes in a show I've ever seen.

Rocket River and Space Ghost like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

There is a black scientist. Super woke

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I will probably go on and get the audio books
    Listen to them
    1. I hear they are good.
    2. I hear they explain more.
    3. I don't want to way 6 yrs for them to F*ck this one up in the end

Rocket River

11. kubli9

Supporting Member

I would have completely re-written that entire scene. I thought it was one of the worst scenes (and probably the most expensive) of the entire season as it was interlaced with the two worst actors on the show and an unhealthy dose of the onion knight. Next worst scene was the re-animated CGI monkey.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. kubli9

Supporting Member

Woke in the sense that it replaces all Chinese characters with a “diverse” cast centered in Europe. I don’t recall any gay or transgender so you’re probably ok if that’s what you were getting at.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Someone was Transgender?
    Which character was that?

Rocket River

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I suppose NBA players are super sized athletic bugs.... I knew it.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is a gay character and its the epidome of hollywood shoving this down the viewers throat. It was so subtle you missed it. This show is full of flaws to the point this character simply did not need to exist.

Im not bothered by this insert, I just felt it was so unnecessary and forced. I also felt the same way about the nudity scene and gore.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

17. dmoneybangbang

You mean a Western audience?

18. dmoneybangbang

Probably one of my favorite book series and I enjoyed season 1. If you didn't read the books, I'm not sure how it will be received.

I thought they did a good job of switching out the characters/ adding characters.... Jin, Will, and Saul were the ones I enjoyed the most. I hope they keep going on with the adaptation as it really gets weird, interesting, and profound in the books. The first book is generally the least liked out of a very well liked series.

19. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Having walked into it blind and having not read the books or reviews, I thought it was highly original and enjoyed it. It had character development, some humor, a horror action scene, fascinating sci-fi ideas/world and I binged the episodes.

The book is praised as one of the best in decades so I'll try to read them depending them if I have time.

20. kubli9

Supporting Member

[​IMG]