1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a better team without Sengun?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 16, 2024.

1. verysimplejason

Only if Alpi can play the pace the rest of the Rockets plays. Clearly he can but will his ego hold it? I hope he does. He can be 2nd or 3rd option. If Jock can do it, Alpi can do it better.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

The REAL question: Can Alpi be a number 2 without half of ClutchFans totally losing their sh!te?

coachbadlee and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. conquistador#11

Sengun is one of the top 5 finishers around the rim in the entire league.

3 months ago I posted that it should be easy for a talent like Jalen to score 24 a game and have an impact. Hit 3.5 of his 7 three point attempts. 6 points off transition (Sengun had nothing to do with FVV walking the ball up from Nov-Feb). How many points is that so far? 16 points. Add 5/6 FT attempts. That's 21pts so far.
    2 cuts from Sengun post ups That's 25 points. But Green wasn't making his threes or hitting layups when he was running the 2nd team or getting any calls. Still should get more calls.
    It was that type of year. It happens.

Anyways so much nonsense going around.

Just heard Doug Gottlieb give the Rox props. "With 'Alperung' and Jalen, they're building something special. I expect them to make some noise as early as next season."

As to what offense fits this team the best, The Fuhrer's. And they can stagger some post ups when Jalen is out for a breather. Cause if you think Udoka is going to not want some post ups, you're high.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does Sengun have the quickness to replace a guy like Landale in the Rockets new fast paced/ high powered offense?

CKent, Maxgx, Strawberry Gum and 3 others like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We have our coach literally saying they’ve been playing the same pace and Alp had the best game of the season during that stretch.
    Green was coming on during the stretch with Alp and some of you still think you know better.
    Incredible.
    Alp is option 1, because he opens everything up. Jalen is scoring option 1 because of his ability. Simple

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Link?
    Definitely not new or faster.
    You trolls have to do better. Just be better, a little more effort is all it takes kiddo

AroundTheWorld and dream2clips like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't understand why these media guys can't learn to pronounce Alpi's last name properly. Even Chandler Parsons and Lou Williams were botching it.

I mean, if Kendrick Freakin' Perkins can get it right, how hard can it possibly be?

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I see you've changed from the Batman-Robin metaphor to a more appropriate Batman-Superman one. Nice shift.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I have never not defended Jalen. You responded to troll posts.
    I still see Alp as the better player. But a true 1a/1b that could be interchangeable

10. maj21

maj21 Member

Are we better when Jalen plays like **** or like a superstar? That’s the real question here lol

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Shhh, you can’t say that lol

AroundTheWorld and maj21 like this.
  12. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

lol

AroundTheWorld and harold bingo like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is anybody's better than Smoothie King cause every time I go there to get a smoothie, I always end up with a chewy.

14. maj21

maj21 Member

This is really simple, y’all. The players on this team that can play at their best together will stay, the ones who can’t will get traded. Let’s see what we can do at full strength with Sengun, Cam, and Tari back. The right thing is to see it through with these young guys. This team can win it all within the next few years, I really believe that

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know what you're using to determine Sengun as a top 5 finisher around the rim. I just looked up bref and Amen is shooting 72% around the basket vs. 69% from Sengun. Amen is averaging 8.1 shots around the basket per 100 possessions vs 7.9 shots from Sengun, and obviously this includes all of Amen's minutes, and it's almost certain his efficiency and volume has gone up since getting into the starting lineup.

Also, your hypothetical numbers for Green is absolutely ridiculous. Even during this run in which Jalen is playing like a supestarstar, he's only shooting 42% from 3. I'm pretty sure no one in NBA history has made 50% of their 3 pointers on any serious volume. Getting 6ppg in transition is top-6 in the entire NBA. To expect either much less both from any player is pretty insane.

coachbadlee likes this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

This is the real issue we'll face. I think Alpi will do whatever's asked of him to win, and then be happy when we win. I think his fans will go apeshit and attack everybody, especially anybody who likes Green. It might be worth it tbh if they rage to the point of getting banned.

topfive likes this.
  17. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

If Sengun and Green both add 30+ points to their 3P% this offense will be elite.

18. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

LOL

19. Antares

Antares Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I was saying, can Alpi' talents be MAXIMIZED w/o him getting constant touches? He showed previously that he doesn't score as well when he doesnt get his touches nor does he bring anything else.

Not saying he is any less valuable, just that he needs to have the ball to get into a zone, similar to where Jalen is now.

Without the touches, a player begins to doubt themselves. And unfortunately, both players NEED the ball in the hands. We've seen Sengun at his best and we're seeing Jalen at his best.....SO WHAT DO WE DO?