1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know there are many threads, but seeing as I was the loudest....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So glad I was wrong about you, Jalen! Now, give me some of that....Go Rockets!

[​IMG]

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, that was an awesome game!!
    High hopes, now, mctherfncker!

I even think he’s not satisfied, because the game-winner was right there, and rolled out. That was a helluva a drive for a game-winner against set defense, my word.

3. plegus

plegus Member

Yesterday in twitter space, some guy was crying while apologizing to and confessing love for Jalen :D

4. Ancient Moabite

The wise told me a Hit Dog Will Holler (Receipts)

justinh and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao I was never the loudest but I always relished the way Mike Dan and Anthony run and gun....

The Whistle has come a long way too.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"It takes a village to raise a child"

Welcome back.

7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I will also use this thread to eat crow but for what I stated about Amen.

I mean, I wasn't all wrong when I said he wouldn't be a good point guard w/o shooting (his main skill was rebounding).
    But he adapted his game inside the paint, and is active as hell on offense and defense.

He is a big part of this run.

Bo6, AroundTheWorld, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I will report back and eat some crow if he keeps playing well the rest of the season and carries us to the play-in

I already have the crow in the freezer and ready to go into the oven as soon as the sample size is large enough

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Is Mobley even in the league anymore?

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I was starting to worry about him about a month ago. Seemed like he just couldn't get it together on a consistent basis. I still had hope that he would. He is looking good out there. Starting off a little slow scoring, but he was helping rebound and giving good effort on D to still have an impact on the game. Whatever it is that is clicking with him I hope it continues. You could see the guys congratulating him after the game. They know he is doing his thing out there. Amen is doing things out there also. His energy and athleticism is Russell Westbrook level. We gotta hang in there and hope G St slips. Our upcoming game against them is shaping up to be a BIG test for our young guys. Looking forward to that one.. Keep it up Mr Green, keep it going...

AroundTheWorld, evo8lover and Plowman like this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

A month of great play doesn't make him a great player, yet.
    Lets see what 2024/25 looks like before folks start choking on feathers.

AroundTheWorld and evo8lover like this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

You weren't the loudest... I think everyone would agree there's a few who were obnoxiously loud, but props for owning up. We all are wrong sometimes!

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I second that.

Had my doubts due to his shooting and the competition in OTE. Boy did I get it wrong....

This kid is for real. He's quick as a cat with instincts that are off the charts on both ends of the court. Sky's the limit

Plowman and hajkov like this.
  14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jalen took "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" last night against the Thunder!!! o_O

I'm officially back on the Jalen Train!!! I have to admit that I was definitely on the fence on Jalen, but like the that old saying says " The cream always rises to the top"! Kudos to Jalen for grabbing the bull by the horn when Alpi went down!! I just hope that both Jalen AND Alpi go hardcore this offseason trying to improve their 3pt shot! If one of them starts being a true 3pt threat we're going to be really good next year, if BOTH become 3pt threats we are going to be GREAT NEXT YEAR!!

Go Rockets!!!

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

is crow even halal?

where is kowalski when you need him?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like okay?

The thing about this now extended stretch is he's doing repeatable things that shows signs of immense growth as a player that isn't just some jr smith hot streak.

From understanding how to read blitzes and doubles to playing quite literally elite perimeter defense. These are repeatable things that he's doing based on growth and training as a player.

The mother ****er leads the entire NBA on/off metrics for this month. Hot shooting doesn't just do that. He's blowing by dudes like Jokic in on/off metrics this month.

Bo6, Dobbizzle, BaselineFade and 4 others like this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Proud of you guys.. Now we need the heavy hitters from the cult to speak a word on here ..

Dobbizzle likes this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

There has been improvement on his reads and effort on both ends, but actually being a threat from 3P land opens a lot of that up for him. Guys were playing farther off of him and refusing to double because they knew he wasn't going to hit anything. That's my main concern--what is his shooting percentage going to be? At least at this point he is no longer near the bottom of the league on 3P% for the season overall.

He doesn't have to stay this hot from three, but I do want to see a bigger sample size and ideally at least a bit more improvement to his overall 3P% on the season.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Not trying to police the forum but Bobby is probably the only one who should be able to start an "I was wrong about Jalen" thread.

-Signed longtime Jalen skeptic enjoying the hell out of this

Bo6, javal_lon, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.