1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

hell yea jalen, i always believed in you. the next best shooting guard i thought in my head. he's got the bag. does stuff westbrook could never do. give him the ball.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Wow.

BamBam likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

6. plegus

plegus Member

EZ predictions. I respect Ime immensely for coaching, demanding perfection and Jalen for not giving up, taking it to the heart and go nova at last.

7. fchowd0311

Brah the Rockets are a -10 per game on a 10-1 stretch when Green is resting.

That's insane. This is literally a bottom level team the moment Green rests during this month. That's mvp level impact.

8. fchowd0311

It took a village. Gotta credit guys like FVV and Brooks as great mentors

plegus likes this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

''This is AI/Photoshop''

- Presidents of the anti-Green Cult

10. plegus

plegus Member

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it is. His scoring has been phenomenal. His reads and finding his teammates are improving every game. But the fact that teams can no longer target him defensively is huge. He's not getting lost off ball either. I think all of it contribute to these incredible on/off splits. This is what Ime had been trying to pull out of him. I'm not afraid to say it. He's looking like a future superstar.

BigMaloe and duluth111222 like this.
  13. MystikArkitect

All I wanted was for Green to become a passable SG with decent efficiency.

Did not expect him to turn into prime Kobe. This is fun but been burned far too many times with these runs from him and still waiting for the shoe to drop. It's enough to warrant him being on the team next year and starting. Positive signs though.

Y2JT likes this.
  14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I know the Jalen haters will hate this comparison, but he really looked like Kobe last night

Air Canada likes this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This run by Jalen is so ridiculous and continues to be the reason I always thought he was so hard to evaluate. I pointed out earlier this year that the lows are low but the highs are so much higher than almost anyone in the nba, and the "anyone can chuck shots on a bad team" crowd jumped all over me and said it wasn't true. But that's what we're seeing now. Jalen Green has legitimately played like an MVP candidate and arguably the best player in the NBA for the past 10 games. Right there with Shai Jokic Luka or Giannis. That is incredibly special. If he can bring this level of play consistently we are going to be championship contenders as soon as next year. It's crazy during the games you never think we're out of it even when we go down by like 10 you just know Jalen is going to make some ridiculous shots and bring us back in. There aren't a lot of players that you can say that about, you can probably count them on one hand.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Completely absurd on/off numbers in the last 15 games. No one else in the entire league is even close throughout this same stretch.

The Rocket's offense completely craters whenever Green is off the court.

[​IMG]

What's most insane is if Green can maintain his play in his last 15 games across the entire season, he would arguably be more than good enough to be the best player on a championship contending team. His defense has been an asset, and his offense has no clear exploitable weaknesses.

BigMaloe, harold bingo and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

National media finally talking about Jalen Green and whether we are seeing a superstar leap.

plegus and BigMaloe like this.
  18. fchowd0311

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/4865/onoff#tab-team_efficiency

2 months ago Green was in the 12th percentile in on/off impact. In two months he pulled himself from 12th percentile to 45th percentile. Insane mid season improvement.

BigMaloe and flamingdts like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He is hitting a bunch of pull back 3's. I don't know if he found a new form or something, but he's not even hesitating on taking them. Everything from defense to rebounding to ball handling have all gone up to star level.

It will be interesting to see what his 3 pointer comes down to after the hot streak and if he can maintain other parts of his game if he can't make 50 percent from 3.

Right now he's hardcore carrying when our offense bogs down. Everytime the other team goes on a run he will come and hit 2-3 baskets and kill their momentum

BigMaloe and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah. Low floor, high ceiling, huge variance.