1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to love Jalen Green...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I love Jalen’s new found attitude and hustle. I have not been a fan of his penchant for step back 3’s which, historically, he has been bad at. He is on fire from 3 and is hitting those step backs consistently during this run. If he has perfected that shot, and it’s not just a hot streak, he will be the superstar will all hoped for. I just hope he does not fall in love with it and keeps working on making the appropriate reads on when to shoot, when to drive, and when to dish. This past game I think he was forced to play hero ball a bit, because of the lack of depth we have without Sengun and Cam and by how well the Thunder play defense. Brooks was also clanking wide open 3’s which put even more of a burden on Jalen and he really stepped up.

Easy likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The Rockets are also missing Cam and Tari. Sengun, Cam, Tari > SGA

Monkeychef02 likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have to say I have taken his post AS games with a grain of salt but this game was insane. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but it just doesn’t.

I can’t think of a more extreme turn around. Not even Lauri Markkanen had this extreme a switch.

I know both Green and Sengun can complement each other. It’s gonna be a crazy summer with high expectations sooner than we all thought.

#63 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    javal_lon, T for 3 and BaselineFade like this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Reviewing the highlights... the skill and athleticism is there... the Portland game may be his worst performance in a while... but this past game shows he is no longer as bummed after a bad game.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.