1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a better team without Sengun?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 16, 2024.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

alpi has been our greatest trade chip. even more so now. i know, its tough. we can't keep them all. What's the point of slowing it down and have him clog the lane or give him the ball if jalen plays like this. He's not fast enough to run with our horses. he'll be trailing a break a lot, which means he'll have to hit a deep 3 to space the floor. can he do it?

coachbadlee likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ever hear of Bill Walton or Kareem Abdul Jabbar? Do you not understand the concept of outlet passes in the transition game? We can’t run transition every possession and come playoff time half-court offense is pre-dominant (unfortunately, but that is how it is officiated). Sengun is much more athletic than you give him credit for and his passing skill will be used in the transition game now that Ime has emphasized running whenever we have the chance.

Ime took a while to unleash Amen and Cam, but once he did that was the trigger that set off the offensive change. We will never go back to the FVV walking the ball up court. FVV was the main impediment to us playing faster and it was by design until Ime felt like he could trust the rookies in the rotation. Trading Sengun is the most idiotic idea floated on this forum. We have 3 guys that legitimately have superstar potential in Sengun, Green, and Amen. 3 more guys that have star potential in Jabari, Cam, and Tari and they are all in the first few years of their career.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s pointless. The SOH don’t want him here, this thread holds all of their idiotic takes.
    They can’t be happy we have two potential stars. Not real rockets fans

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Just wait until they get a practice gym where they don’t have to get a tetanus shot every time they’re leaving.

Arnel and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. cbass

cbass Member

Not whining, my guy.

Weirdly aggressive response.

I’m thrilled about Jalen and Sengun and have said as much.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Aggressive?
    You’re upset someone said our best player is 1A and Jalen is 1B. That’s a compliment to Jalen and you got your panties in a bunch over it.
    Not to mention this entire thread is crapping on our best player. Make it make sense

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

is it really that idiotic? yao ming as great as he was wasn't our best player. it was mcgrady before he got hurt. Mcgrady never had a team fully built around to win a championship. Yao ming would get punked by boozer one on one in the paint. He's supposed to score on boozer right? juwon howard could never space the floor for mcgrady. Mcgrady never played in a five out modern system where allt he bigs could hit the 3. And he was the one who took all the heat when we would lose, but the fact of the matter is ming couldn't get it done. i would rather have had mcgrady in his prime with a defensive center and power forward who could hit a 3, with the lane open.

8. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

What is this toxic nonsense?

9. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

This post and others like it are going to age like Allen Iverson

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Is peanut butter better without jelly???

Enquiring minds want to know...

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

You need to cool down. Just because Rockets fans like to debate what the ideal Rockets lineup looks like doesn’t mean they aren’t “real fans” of the team. You had doubts about CJ Stroud, does that mean you aren’t a Texans fan?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I had doubts predraft. Supported him since he started playing.

And there’s no need to “cool down”. I’m going to troll the troll posts. And I’ll say it again, YOU aren’t a real fan if you want to trade our best player Alp.
    Alp and Jalen are the future, I’ve said this for 3 seasons. If you don’t like it, oh well

13. cbass

cbass Member

Didn’t start this thread and obviously don’t agree with the premise.

Never got my parties in a bunch, just made an observation about the posts of qualified praise for Jalen.

Yes, your tone is coming across as aggressive. I didn’t come at you and am not arguing against Sengun in any way, so don’t get the need for that.

Go Rox

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

it is in a smoothie

coachbadlee and Believe It! like this.
  15. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Remember the times when Yao when down and out and we went on a 22 game winning streak? Glad we did not trade Yao away.

#595 CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    jcmoon likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

topfive and Verbal Christ like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now this guy has been paying attention. You Sengun fanatics should be ashamed of yourselves.

18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Touche

LOL

I love PB smoothies!

coachbadlee and Reeko like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s my go-to whenever I have breakfast

Jalen Green giving me peanut butter smoothie vibes

Believe It! likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I remember them they're from the 70s and did hook shots -- kind of like the 20th century version of the flamingo shot.