1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a better team without Sengun?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 16, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Correct.

But ultimately, labels don't matter.

I want the Rockets to do great. And if they are both great and play like max players, that's great.

Jokic is on record saying that Murray is their best player. That's nice, but we all know it's not quite true. I could see Alpi doing the same thing for Jalen.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. cbass

cbass Member

“Ultimately labels don’t matter” yet you and other Sengun fans can’t post a single comment praising Jalen without calling him Robin or denigrating him in comparison to Sengun?

It’s bizarre. Are you just so attached to your Segun-is-the-franchise take that you can’t just let things play out and praise Jalen for his play without always qualifying it in some way?

You’re correct, ultimately labels don’t matter, so maybe stop trying to label 21 and 22 year old kids and let’s see what happens.

Strawberry Gum and Arnel like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You need to pay more attention. I made several posts praising Jalen.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. cbass

cbass Member

And every one of them that I have seen indicates how he would be a great 1b or Robin or complement to Sengun, including the one I replied to.

You are not alone on this, so I don’t mean to single you out. The post you were replying to and agreeing with is another example. But I just felt like addressing this general trend among Sengun fans.

Arnel likes this.
  5. Arnel

Arnel Member

if Jalen keeps playing Iike this, he’s the 1A and Alp is 1B. Like Kobe and Gasol. We can only hope right

cbass likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL so @cbass liked a post that says Jalen is 1A and Alpi is 1B, but complains about someone saying Alpi is 1A and Jalen is 1B.

What happened to "maybe stop trying to label 21 and 22 year old kids and let’s see what happens."?

Your issue is not with the labeling, you simply don't like the order.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

-- '91, Hakeem goes out with injury. Rockets go 12-3 before Hakeem returns. Rockets were playing so good, prime Hakeem comes off the BENCH for 2 weeks behind the great Mr Mean Larry Smith. Partly was for slow rehab back, but since theyre "better without Hakeem in", best not mess with new starters Vernon Maxwell & Kenny Smith balling out

Hakeem 1st game back, Rockets lose to worst team in league.. BUT then go on a 13 game win streak after, winning 17 of next 18. Hakeem meshed in and made it better

-- '08, Rockets go on 22 game win streak. Yao Ming was out with injury after 12 games. But they kept on winning with old Dikembe Mutombo. Its good to think they didnt "miss a beat" without Yao. But they later got beat soundly in the playoffs.

-- '09, now McGrady goes out and its Yao all in. The "dont need Yao, McGrady's team" approach would mean Rockets are worse. But season record is nearly identical to the McGrady led team

Point being, Sengun & Green arent on their level, but let the talent try to work it through. And its good having 2 options even if they're not a conventional fit

8. cbass

cbass Member

1 - weird deal keeping tabs on my likes.

2 - note that the post I like began with “If Jalen keeps playing like this…” which is a big condition.

3 - I love Sengun, he has inarguably been our best player on the team this season. What’s not to like?

4 - what I take issue with is posters like you and others who cannot simply praise Jalen for what he’s doing without qualifying it or relating it to Sengun.

You do you man, but I call it like I see it and will continue to do so. Thanks

Arnel likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

All fine, but you literally liked a post that did the exact same thing you were calling others out for, just the other way around.

Gotta live with it when you get called out for hypocrisy, my dear.

10. cbass

cbass Member

You seem to struggle with reading comprehension so let my state it clearly for you:

the post I liked was a conditional one, “if…then”. So your statement isn’t accurate.

Otherwise please point out to me any time I have ordered any player on any post I’ve made. Please point out to me any time I’ve said anything negative about Sengun.

Sengun fans are obnoxious because they make every single thing about him. And again, he is great.

Just calling it out, no need to get your feelings hurt over someone noticing your posting style, my dear.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You called people out, then did exactly what they did...and got called out.

It's fine, take the L and move on.

This guy here gets it:

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

13. cbass

cbass Member

I did no such thing my guy. You are just showing that you don’t know what a conditional statement is.

I agree with that tweet by the way. Just find it telling that you can’t praise Jalen without qualifying it or relating it to Sengun.

Either way, I won’t be going back and forth with you any longer. I clearly struck some nerve.

For the record: I love Sengun.

Jah bless and go Rox

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL the haters are at a loss. He was featured so much on "Hate Central" or whatever, and all of a sudden, he turns it around completely.

dream2clips likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I had literally just made that post saying that IF he keeps this up, we have two max players - when you claimed that I could never praise Jalen.

16. sulicon

sulicon Member

Jalen's been killing it lately, and the team's vibe is definitely different without Sengun. But trading him? It's a bit early to make that call.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Troll post? This whole thread is a troll post. Cope somewhere else

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Facts are facts

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m fine with either. But currently, Alp is still the teams best player

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not Sengun fans. Rockets fans and NBA pundits.
    You’re getting your panties in a bunch over someone saying our best player is 1A and Jalen is 1B, when this entire thread is about getting rid of our best player. The hypocrisy lol.
    Jalen is ballin right now, but 10 games doesn’t overtake an entire season.
    Good thing is they’re BOTH Rockets, so maybe stop your whining

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.