1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Unfortunate to lose Sengun but this is one of the silver linings. Udoka has made great strides with Jabari on perimeter defense and now playing C is going to expand his defensive experience/skill set. He’s needed to play a bit more aggressive and improve his interior play. This is a useful opportunity.

It’s clear he has the frame to add muscle and I’ve been saying he’s a 4/5 more than a 3. His game really requires him to put on muscle so that he can develop one or two stabilizing and efficient post moves. I’m not too worried about it.

I think for the amount of time he spends on the perimeter he’s going to be a good rebounder and shot blocker. His game is developing nicely. Slightly improving his shooting in volume and efficiency seems highly likely. His defense gets better every month and he’s just coming into his own. Just does what the team needs.

Such an excellent player to have in our core.

BallSoHarden and roslolian like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That doesn't contradict what I said. He plays better when he doesn't force shots and just takes when he's given.

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

7 of the 11 games...he shot AT LEAST 14 shots or higher (14 twice,15 shots 3 times, 18 and 19
    3 games he shot 13 shots
    1 game he shot 10 shots.

As a rule, he's not "given" 14-19 shots....that's why there are 11 games of scoring 20 pts. or better. Must hit high % on low volume shots with FT's. Averages 10-12 shots pretty much.

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One of the few games he did not attempt a 3 pointer. And the team was making 27 of them.

Ah I missed the altercation with Dunn.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Oldtimers get it :D

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Jabari is our new Robert Horry

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Just way less athletic

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Big Shot Bari

10. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

Topics like these make me laugh. OP and the absolute morons who liked the original post will be the same people saying, "We weren't ******** on Jabari, he was playing poorly AT THE TIME so we were right to criticize."

Calling a kid SOFT as the entire topic is just braindead. Hopefully some of them mature and let these kids develop, but... I doubt it.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jabari is quite clutch I'll give him that. It seems like no matter how badly he shoots in the previous 3 quarters, he will drain the 3's you need the most at the end

12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

He'll probably only be an elite role player, but they are needed in order to win a championship