1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby and DD look like fools for repeatedly saying KPJ was better than Jalen Green. Absolute don't know a damn thing about evaluating talent f'n fools.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

No they don’t look like fools.

They ARE.

3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

They don’t deserve to be lumped together. DD has wrong opinions often, but will listen and consider and admit when he was wrong. And he doesn’t hide - he’s here and on the live streams making jokes.

Bobby is a classic insecure narcissist. Never admits any error, never shows any nuance or grey area, and lashes out and then disappears when things don’t go his way before eventually strutting back in selling a gaslit version of history. Which he actually believes, by the way, because he is a narcissist.

Anyway, good for Jalen, good for Sengun - the Rockets future is bright!

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think most people were saying he sucks, which he did, now he doesn't. I was also said many times he sucked, which he did, now he doesn't. We will see next year if he can keep it up.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I can just feel the excitement coming from you as a Rocket fan!

So hyped!

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sucking & developing in a new role under a new coach are 2 different things. It says more about how stupid fans are than Jalen

RCPM, Dobbizzle and Ancient Moabite like this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

You are right Bobby is worse in the way he behaves but both were extremely vocal beyond logic. DD is still trying to downplay KPJ's violent behavior.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

There was an unnatural focus on Jalen when in fact several members of the team were struggling. This came in a year before the season started most people had us playing at a level not making the playoffs. This version of the Rockets jelled. Jury is out if Udoka can get the version with Sengun fitting in flawlessly. What I personally saw in Jalen was a lot of trying to fit in without stepping on the toes of the other starters.

fchowd0311 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think the unnatural focus on him as you call it comes from the Rockets' unnatural focus on him. The Rocket put him in the spotlight therefor he was. Also he is a starter and nobody else was doing that bad in the starters. I think the focus on him was warranted. He is a starter, he was doing the worst out of the starters, and next year theoretically he was looking to be paid.

10. Mathew Diekhake

Jalen Green was always having a good season if you overlook shooting percentage.

I don't mind the management having things to say because they may have been concerned with his lack of commitment, which is something we cannot see.

The media says things in the hopes they will be right and look more professional. Media will always have incorrect opinions in pursuit of this.

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He didn't suck, he was finding himself under a new coach & system. You do know a 22yr having his first child, taking time to develop is not a new concept, right?

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Uh he definitely sucked. And he probably still sucks. Because we play a legit team for the first time in 2 weeks and he went back to sucking. It's pretty obvious his style of play won't work in the playoffs. Running and gunning is fun to watch but our half court offense led by Jalen is atrocious. We get up the worst shots, shot clock violations, he couldn't even inbound the ball last night.... All those prayer three pointers he's been making went back to being bricks. Like he takes the absolute worst shots, I don't see how he can be a consistent player.

Funny that people complain that Alpi can't switch yet we ran a switching defense last night and Luka and Kyrie scored at will on every single Rocket. Landale, Jabari, Jalen, Fred, Brooks, didn't even matter. Not sure how Alpis defense could be much worse.

Melik likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Finally plays a legit team?

RCPM likes this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

He was pretty clearly game planned against last night by the Mavs, doubling and trapping him nearly every time he had the ball which lead to his 5 assists... which might have been closer to 10 if Brooks and Amen don't go 3-16 from the field.

Was it a good game? Definitely not, but the box score doesn't really tell the whole story.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Where was SGA?

Melik likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You don't have to explain it to me. I watched the whole game, I know they trapped him. That's where his bball IQ comes into question he needs to make better reads and quicker decisions instead he dribbles around aimlessly against two defenders for way to long. By the time he passes barely any time left on shot clock.

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The same place our starting center, Tari & Cam Newton was

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The same problem Sengun had when they started doubling him. Where was Sengun's basketball IQ?

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We got Cam Newton? At least that would be one superstar for a short amount of time.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun makes much quicker and actually passes to a spot where a guy can take a shot where it's progressing the offense. Jalen seems to kick it back out and reset a lot.

Sengun got in trouble when he tried to force it. That's where most of his turnovers come from cuz he was tired of his team firing up bricks.