1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kevooooo, Jun 9, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me it's the "reality" shows the Bachelor, Survivor and especially Big Brother. I don't watch them but from what little I've seen I see no reason to care or would ever want to be around the people on them. I even get annoyed when I see ads for them while watching sports.

Big Brother seems to be the worst and it's hard to believe that Julie Chen was once considered a serious journalist. She just seems as shallow and annoying as the "people" on that show.

Manny Ramirez and ROCKSS like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you guys sit and talk on speakerphone through your entire meal so someone can feel part of the meal? Sorry, that's just weird on both ends of the phone. Are you talking loud with the speaker up loud too? I know talking real loud so everyone within 15 feet can hear your conversation is typical with Asians I've been around.

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep. Keep in mind many of these relatives both eating and calling in are old so their hearing isn't so great.

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Even more reason to just do that crap at a home meal or simply at home and not in a restaurant. Good grief.

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't deny it's annoying. It does seem like Asian families do it more than other. Also it seems to mostly occur at Asian restaurants.

Not an American thing too as I see it a lot in Hong Kong. Also last time I saw a movie in Hong Kong a person near me took a call from her daughter and talked to her for 5 minutes on speaker phone.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LMAO. That's so rude. What the hell is it with people putting calls on speaker in public, and especially in a movie?

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm not sure the reason for this but it might have to do with the density of Asian cities where people have been literally living on top of each other for years. The sense of actual privacy is almost non-existent so hearing other people talking is pretty common. You just learn to tune it out.

In Singapore and the PRC they have signs telling people not to speak so loudly on trains or in public and not to have your phone on speaker.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's hilarious. I guess it is pretty common if they have to make signs like that. Haha

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I may have already said this at some point, but...

Why don't T-shirt makers make shirts for tall people who DON'T weight 300 pounds and DON'T have a 60-inch neck? All of my tshirts are too short, too wide and the neck is too large. I don't think my body type is that abnormal. I just have a long torso. Would be nice to have some t-shirts that are snug but aren't as short as a half shirt from the 80's.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

There are like thousands of this exact shirt for sale on Amazon I've been ordering them for about a decade at least.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Guy at Costco today was on speaker phone with his doctors office while taking a ****…

12. Buck Turgidson

I'd like ball caps that will fit my giant german head without needing to use the absolute last snap in the back

13. CrazyJoeDavola

I got you. That last snap on an adjustable hat is no man's land.

14. CrazyJoeDavola

I have same issue. Try Haynes XLT t-shirts. Work great for me.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

HDTV screen cleaner says “for best results, use product up within a year”. I could clean my effin HDTVs every day for a year and only use a quarter of the bottle. So, over a year has passed and this stuff leaves residue and streak marks on the screen. lol. It’s doing the opposite of what it was designed for.

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cant say they didnt warn you

Xerobull likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

2 wick candles that don't burn evenly. Leave them unattended and all of a sudden you have a crater on one side and a nub of a wick on the other side that can't be relit.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

People who yell "LET'S GOOOO!!!!" any time they do something good.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

buying something at a convenience store and the cashier is on the phone and doesn't even stop their convo and just rings me up and never says a word..............this happens all the time

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dak Prescott saying "HERE WE GOOOOO!!!" on every offensive play. You gotta stop saying that, dude!

IBTL likes this.