1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MystikArkitect

If you take away intentional fouls, Aggies shot 45 free throws to UH's 9.

vince, HeyBudLetsParty, solid and 4 others like this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just wanted to mention Coogs are 4-0 this season against Aggy and Horns. How sweet it is.

We need to go 4-0 during the next 4 games to win a national championship. Duke then probably Marquette. Final 4 will be two more tough games for sure.

We are favored by 3.5 against a hot Duke team. ESPN matchup predictor gives us a 76.8% chance to win. We have as good a chance as anyone to win the whole thing. How the remaining games are officiated will go a long way to determine how far we go.

Hope the clowns that reffed our game against Aggy are nowhere to be found in our remaining games. Not sure what it is but they definitely give the appearance that they have an agenda.

Houstunna and HeyBudLetsParty like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

All 3 of the refs who worked last night's game have been cleared to move onto the Sweet 16 and Round of 8.

What an embarrassment. Officiating really is all about warm bodies.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What a joke, indeed. I don't see how they are moving on to officiate and ruin more games potentially.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The jump ball call is inexplicable

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

NCAA is keeping them to job someone else.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I sent you a DM from UH. It’s worth a shot and much cheaper. You just have to register by later today

11. SuraGotMadHops

Both teams were playing physical but the discrepancy on how fouls were called was absurd. I understand it can be hard to call a game that physical, but the ineptness wasn't limited to just foul calls, the phantom jump ball, and the out of bounds call when A&M was intentionally fouling and shoved him out of bounds. Infuriating.

A&M starting hitting insane shots and UH still had plenty of opportunities to win the game in regulation, just one more made FT would've iced it (Sharpe missed a big one), and freaking Roberts missed so many damn rebounds at the end of regulation that would've sealed the game. I also don't understand why the defense was set up on the final play like that, why have someone playing the inbounder when you could have him running the three point line...with only one second left, give up the two who cares.

UH showed some tremendous moxie, I still don't know how they pulled that off in OT with 4 starters fouled out the game.

Houstunna, DonnyMost, GOATuve and 2 others like this.
  12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

That was one of those games where if it were a movie it would be too far fetched - 4 starters foul out, the walk on comes in and hits the biggest shot of his life - I mean come on!

13. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Lance Blanks is a blast from the past. I thought Day was going to be a really good pro

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

It was awful but they overcame it. Shows how much character they have. This team is built to win it all

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Thanks.

I'm a 20+ year CP member and so I put in my request for Dallas tix as soon as the tournament started.

My chances of getting tickets are very low, but better than most.

YOLO likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

Lee Cassell also has a history of some bias (supposed ACC fan) but nothing out of the ordinary. Couldn't find anything on the last ref, Marcus Pettigrew.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yeah this is the guy who threw out Scott Drew for the first and only time in his life lol

18. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

It's well worth it. We need to make it a home game for UH

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Want to help my fund? This is gonna bankrupt me lmao

Luckily I got a decent deal on airfare and my airbnb

20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Haha. Pretty sure I would be sleeping in the guest room if I start sending money to people on here.

You're pretty lucky to get a deal on an AirBnB. I would have thought those prices would be insane.