1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Lot of talent on that court.

Houstunna and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. Buck Turgidson

Now I'm watching this one:

GOATuve likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Bruh it ain't no thing. I'm GOING TO BE THERE!

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Just woke up and checked the score.

I could not watch OT.

That was the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. Bar none.

I want those mother ****ing refs as far away from this team as humanly possible for the rest of their careers.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Seeing Jack Easterby's **** N balls was not in my bucket list last night

Buck Turgidson and Tomstro like this.
  8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'm friends with the guy in charge of quality control for the ACC refs and these guys DO get graded by their conferences. Whatever governing body those refs belong to should be absolutely ****ing livid. That was a disgraceful and inept performance.

solid, Jake Tower and seemoreroyals like this.
  9. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was there last night. Great crowd, a fair amount of Baylor fans stayed, probably because of the two Texas teams. Overall, around the city, the biggest contingent was definitely the Nebraska fans. At the game, most of the UH fans, including Jim Nantz, sat in the section behind the bench. I sat across the court in the section next to the A&M section and across the aisle from Wade Taylor’s mom. Of course, their whole section went crazy after Garcia hit that shot. TBH, I was deflated, especially with our foul situation. I felt better after Sharp hit a 3 early in OT.

As mentioned, I sat across the aisle from Wade Taylor’s mom. When he turned the ball over on a pass early in overtime, I heard her say, “Just shoot the ball, baby.” She was in tears after the game. I told her, “Your son is a great player,” to which she replied, “Thanks.”

Shead was fairly demonstrative with the refs with a couple of fouls called on him. He uncharacteristically threw 2 errant high passes in a row , but of course, he played the full 45 minutes. I’m sure glad he’s on our team.

We stayed in the Westin right across the street from the FedEx Forum, so it was nice to have a short, but satisfying walk afterwards. It was an amazing game and a very enjoyable weekend.

#9069 Houston Native, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Wooooo! See everyone in Dallas. Great Game!!

#9070 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Two of them were hella sus man.

There was one play where sharp was trying to set a screen then the Aggie player bumped into him and wade sandwiched him from the other side and pulled him down. One ref initially called offensive foul on sharp. to which the 2nd ref had to step on and correct the call.

So weird.

Madmanmetz and Jake Tower like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t get the chance to see the game and looks like I missed an incredible one. Great win Coogs!

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Ticket prices to get in the door shot up from 250 to 400+ after Duke won last night. Oof.

Gonna have to take out a damn loan to get into American Airlines center.

MadMax likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Of all the egregious calls this one was the most puzzling. This play should be on every sports show in America demanding an explanation as to how that resulted in a jump ball. Not even close to a jump ball. If not sure go to replay and check it out. There was not an Aggy within 3 feet of Mylic but they call a jump ball. Knowing that the possession arrow going to Aggy under their own rim.

This was not a normally reffed game. Worst I have ever seen. Above and beyond anything Brothers and Fosters may have concocted in Rockets playoffs games past. It's just to easy for crap like this to happen and within a day or two it is forgotten.

GOATuve, Houstunna and solid like this.
  17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Bing AI image generator summarizing last nights game

upload_2024-3-25_8-35-15.jpeg

Pat, GOATuve, Poloshirtbandit and 2 others like this.
  18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Depending on the angle you have it's easy to make a wrong call on that, the fact that the ref with the good angle overruled him was a rare moment of competence last night.

The real problem was how every time the Aggies got touched on a drive or got within 6 feet of the bucket they got a whistle. Meanwhile the Coogs did not get such treatment. It was so lopsided. It was like watching two different sports depending on who had the ball, and it went on the entire game.

The coogs play physical, but so did the aggies. That was just pure ridiculous bullshit wire to wire.

19. vince

vince Member

Cougars won despite the refs punishing them for playing excellent defense, and the cougars were not hacking the Aggies, they were just playing big time defense.

In a twist, it was almost like karma, as the Aggies are waking up furious at their own team for missing so many free throws, cost them the game.

We will never know what the refs were being motivated by with their blatant calls. The good thing is the Cougars won despite the circumstances.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Hugh Janus?