1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I can’t take these late games, man. Hope this is a joke.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

most nba games don't even have 45 FTs

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

SHUT UP IM NOT CRYING! IM NOT A BABY!

4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

It was. Hopefully the next game is a little easier.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

You'd of thought the refs would feel sorry for us with all of our injuries and being shorthanded but no they went out of their way to call stuff that was just not what you would expect to see in the NCAA tourney. Sadly I guess there is no accountability.

DonnyMost likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Poor @DonnyMost

7. HeyBudLetsParty

I don’t watch too much college basketball besides the Coogs the last few years, but that was probably the best game I’ve ever seen. (Outside of the lopsided officiating)

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol if 7:20pm was bad……..

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The officials just called it way too close. They made themselves far too much of a factor in the game, and they missed some bad calls, and make no mistake I HATE crews like that, but would it surprise you to know that Houston only got called for 4 more fouls than the Aggies did? The officiating was obnoxious, but it was obnoxious both ways. Just let them play the damn game!

I'll say this. If the NCAA has them officiate that closely the rest of the way, it's going to be a problem for the Cougars with their current depth concerns. Sampson is going to have his work cut out for him playing that aggressive and not losing bodies. Hopefully this game was an anomaly and they won't call it as tight going forward.

10. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

It's not. At least it's Friday so it's not as bad.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol the reason why the foul calls look closer than it is, was because A&M had to foul for like 2 minutes straight. That drives up the count but doesn’t tell you how 95% of the game they were gifted foul calls. In no way does the total foul Calls in a Box score tell entire story. Anyone watching the game would understand the clear lopside. That’s why you have to actually watch the games to understand what actually transpired in a game

no it wasn’t obnoxious both ways. It was dramatically bad one way and UH still found a way to win

This is akin to a game where one team has 2 foul calls to 10 for the other team. Then there’s 2 mins left in the game and the team with 2 fouls has to foul to get back in the game. That’s exactly what happened. Then you look at the box score but the total foul calls weren’t that different

Jake Tower and dream2clips like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yeah, you're right, I get that, but most of the fouls they called early were fouls. They were ticky tack, but technically they were mostly right. It was just a bad overzealous crew. I don't believe for a second they were out to get Houston.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Whether they were out to get Houston doesn’t matter. It was lopsided one way. And it was for A&M. That’s the point. It doesn’t matter if it was intentional or not.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

16. Buck Turgidson

Of course they weren't, c'mon

seemoreroyals likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Like I said it doesn’t matter. It literally happened intentional or not

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Houston fouled more. That's why. They were way more aggressive defensively and the crew called it too tight. It wasn't "for" A&M at all, but it did work in their favor.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. A&M was clearly trying to be as aggressive as UH. That was part of their gameplan. Ref gifted them so many phantom calls it was rediculous. You can try to justify it All you want. Reality doesn’t lie. The discrepancy in saying a&m deserved 45 free throws is nonsense. There’s a reason why it’s never happened before

20. Buck Turgidson

"Grown Man Behavior" is how Scott van Pelt just described Shead's game