1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sleep Apnea

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by napalm06, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

try taping your lips shut with medical tape at night to force you to breath through your nose

a simple thing to try that worked wonders for me

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Seems like an extreme solution. Any implant that regulates your body that is electronic and dependent on batteries and especially on apps that can become obsolete and unusable scares the crap out of me.

A_3PO likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does seem a bit
    . . extreme

Not as bad as the surgery though

Rocket River

4. Buck Turgidson

I just can't sleep on my back (massive snoring), especially on a couch, espeaaaaacialy on someone else's couch after we've had some drinks.

4am, Austin, buddy comes and jostles me: "hey, you woke the kids up" "How, it's a 3000 sqft house, I didn't ask to sleep here on this couch in the first place"

Left side, right side, I'm all good.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lol. Thats loud. I wear earplugs at night and make absolutely sure to bring them when I road trip with any of my buddies, who all seem to snore like it’s a competition.

I rarely snore, only when I’m super tired or have been drinking. It might be because I’m a side sleeper, too.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This transition is . . . . interesting
    Going on 2 weeks and I am still adjusting to the fit on my face
    [​IMG]

I could not do the NOSE ONLY One at all

I am sleeping like about 3~4 hours and it feels like I been sleeping for far more.
    I don't know if I am in a deep deep sleep because it feel like I'm in a quasi- sleep state
    I do get tired still during the day sometimes.
    I am still not comfortable with the mask . . only thing is I am unsure if it is really helping
    2 weeks may not be enough time to evaluate

Rocket River

ROCKSS, jchu14 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As long as you dont wake up with the mask off, keep trying to get used to it

Making a sleep ritual might help. Like no devices 30+ mins before and listening to some white noise that's similar to the machine or meditation.

ROCKSS and Rocket River like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Make sure you aren't tightening the mask any tighter than necessary. Just enough to keep the pressure on. This was very important for me.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

In NBA areans, if I see someone wearing a mask, breaking the backs of random GSW/LAL/Jazz fans, I'd know it's RRiver. :D Striking fear to the hearts of the enemy's army.

[​IMG]

Xerobull and Rocket River like this.