1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Draya turn Jalen Greens Rocket career around or is it just a hot streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shake_it_up, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Shake_it_up

Shake_it_up Member

been a very different player since the baby announcement or is it because he was facing the Wizards, Jazz etc.

conquistador#11 and IBTL like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've been interested in discussing this.

justinh and thegary like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ime, FVV and Brooks are more responsible than Draya.

People don't get it yet. Ime broke Green and built him up. He was already playing good defense for multiple months. It was only a matter of time his conditioning got.tova level of where he could play good defense and still have legs for a consistent jumper.

And the edge Green plays with the past month in terms of talking **** and getting into the faces of vets who have accomplished more he picked up from the Villain.

Give credit to Green's mental toughness to survive a Ime breakdown and rebuild.

Mathloom, Bo6, Streakshooter and 2 others like this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say Jalen was well aware of this pregnancy way before any social media announcement.

jch1911, Bo6, Streakshooter and 5 others like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think he started going into the clubs saying, “Who wants to sex Jalen” and it started working. Working in all the places.

jch1911, Scarface and IBTL like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

This is certainly the most plausible. :)

But seriously, he's got some baby energy goin' on!

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I actually have been interested in discussing it LOL.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

TBD whether it's just a hot streak. It could be either one at this point. I'm back to wait and see mode with him. If he's playing well around New Year's next season I'll be comfortable saying he's turned a corner and had his breakout. That's about the sample size you need (half a season worth of data or so).

IBTL likes this.
  9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Once things become public things change

IBTL likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am no fan of his nail painting and other stuff as well but I said he was going to be at least someone who could possibly make an AS appearance way before in the Silas era when he was playing AAU ball......

Now Udoka seems to be the right guy to actually teach him leadership......under any other coach he would have been toast or not that good.

Now I am still saying the inconsistency will follow him throughout his career but it seems like his lows will turn into passable games.

If you point a gun to my head I would still choose Alpe and Amen over Green any day.

I still roll with clearly cerebral players over Ignite players that have too much hops. Old Pop school. Udoka has evolved past Pop school that said.

IBTL likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Like you mean you believe that Jalen consciously thought to himself “well now the world knows, time to start showing up”?

If you actually believed that this baby was the catalyst for his improved play(I don’t) wouldn’t it make more logical sense that the change would have happened as soon as he found out that he was going to be a dad and not just when the rest of the world found out?

If that were true, that to me implies that he consciously thought “well until the world finds out I don’t have to worry about showing consistency on the court”. Which, to me, would be troubling, but again I don’t think that’s what has happened here.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Whatever it takes to build his confidence!

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL...

What is wrong with you people???

He's leading this team on this run to the playin and y'all are still talking ish about his personal life. F'n hilarious man.

Mathloom, IBTL and topfive like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Of course it's a hot streak. You think he'll play like this every game for the rest of his career? He's a streaky player, we just need him to reduce the lengths of the cold streaks. 2-3 games is natural, 2-3 months is not.

If Jalen can give usat least 75% of his games at this level, he'll be an All-Star.

duluth111222 likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Coach Draya knows what it takes to be a franchise player. She's developing him nice.

IBTL and daywalker02 like this.
  16. Strawberry Gum

At 2019 Play-Offs, Fred had been shooting 25% from the field. His baby was born during playoffs and the next three games he made 14 threes out of 17 and was a big factor in Raptors defeating Bucks.

Fred's teachings to Jalen are bearing fruit.

jch1911 and clutchdabear like this.
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah. Any one who expects Jalen to maintain this level of play is setting himself up for disappointment. But they still do because that way they can turn around and say see I told you, it was as a fluke! Watch them after the next bad game from Jalen.

Mathloom, topfive and GOATuve like this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

conquistador#11 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

So his stats the past 12 games:

28.3 points
    5.7 rebounds
    3.3 assists
    2.0 turnovers
    1.1 steals
    49.6% field goal percentage
    41.7% three point percentage

Aside from the 3P%, which is definitely higher than we could reasonably expect, I think that is all sustainable production for a top 3 shooting guard in the league, and I think we all hoped he would be that level of player when we drafted him. Those numbers (again, aside from the 3P% which is a bit high) are pretty similar to Devin Booker, Anthony Edwards, Donovan Mitchell.

I don't really believe he will sustain this level of play, no. Would be nice if he can at least come somewhat close.