1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Fantasma Negro

Kendrick Green was playing well until he got hurt. If he's good to go for camp that LG spot is his imo. Howard is probably out the entire next season so they should bring back George Fant because I know C.J. likes him. L to R:

Laremy Tunsil
    Kendrick Green
    Juice Scruggs
    Shaq Mason
    George Fant

They invested a lot in the offensive line this season, I don't see Nick making a splash for another lineman unless a good enough upgrade over Fant is available

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

i legit had no idea who this zierer guy was and attempts to google him only made this funnier. would be amazing if he turns out to be any good but the fact he went on IR for an ankle sprain and never came back doesn't bode well

sydmill likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Yeah? Well I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

4. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

I would really like to see how Christian Mahogany fares from Boston College at the senior bowl.

A guard, decent size, meant to be a 4th rounder, could be a good depth piece for us.

He has strengths as a powerful, aggressive run blocker with great leverage but lacks high-end athleticism and struggles to finish blocks in space. In terms of pass blocking he has a great base to work with.

#24 Sooty, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Taliese Fuaga The Incredible Hulk Of Offensive Linemen?

6'6" 334 LBS

Large Frame with thick Calves, Legs, thighs, and proportional massive build. Built to last, never missed a start. Devastating run blocker. He explodes out of his stance quickly or has an excellent pad level—total domination at point of attack on combo blocks, base blocks, and down blocks. Perfect gap power scheme fit.

It is a fluid mover, dancing bear out in space on screens and pulls. Zone, blocks, easily reach the second level, and maintain good leverage.
    He explodes out his stance to reach the Pass pro set point very fluidly.

Heavy Hands and impressive strength stall bull rushes. Also, his hands are swift and precise when striking rushers. He keeps his head up to see what he is hitting. When he has no one to block, he finds work to provide extra protection for teammates.

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/01/26/2024-nfl-scouting-report-taliese-fuaga/

I love the built to last part, especially with our group of injury riddled offensive linemen who were constantly missing games. Beef it it up Brother!!!! Make some holes for our running backs!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Clowney was the Ravens highest rated "Front" player.
    We've forgotten how Clowney made Tom Brady lose his ish in the playoffs.
    Now add Roquan, Queen and Price and any experienced line would have issues, let alone one that has played together for 1 season.
    The biggest failure for Houston in the post season was Clowney signing with Baltimore. Dude blew up so many plays like he did here.
    He was right there to pick up in July.

Today's game against the Chiefs is a must watch for all Texans fans. What will the Ravens do or not do to that Chiefs O-line and for how the Chiefs will try to limit Lamar. Ravens also have 4 free agents on the defensive side with limited cap space after restructures.

crose likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good stuff. I drive a Panamera S, but who cares right? I just giggle when people make accusations of inexperience without knowing squat about the person they are trying to demean. Quite telling!

Keep that oil changed on that Stratus and she will take care of you for years!

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I just had to get my fourth forever (Last) vehicle. First was a 2000 F-350 Power stroke. But the value play changed within a year of my buying it and diesel went from a 50 cent discount to a 75 cent premium because environMENTAL wackos decided low sulphur wasn't low enough.

I had to go efficient so I chose the Hybrids. Second was a Prius which got me about 48 MPG. But it died in Harvey flooding. Next was a second Prius because there weren't any cars available and they managed to locate on which hadn't flooded in Lake Charles. Four yeas ago I got a car I could find in a parking lot when they came out with a Corolla Hybrid (50+ MPG real mileage). That worked well until earlier this month when I couldn't get out of the car without nearly falling. So I upgraded to a Corolla Crossover which is much easier to access with it's small SUV design. I'll lose a few MPG, but it's better than falling and not being found. Still 42 MPG is what's advertised and I've been getting close on the other hybrids.

9. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I thought George played well. Why didn't we re-sign him?

10. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

2023 OL Grades Texans per PFF

46.8 Tytus Howard
    73.4 Laremy Tunsil
    37.7 Kenyon Green (2022)
    66.5 Shaq Mason
    60.4 Jarrett Patterson
    51.5 Juice Scruggs
    58.9 Kendrick Green
    63.5 George Fant (Gone)
    48.1 Charlie Heck

11. vince

vince Member

I guess a 2 years 14 million contract with 3.7 guaranteed was too rich for the Texans. I think the Texans know they have internal options for the OL, and this also tells me they will be selecting some OL in the draft.

raining threes likes this.
  12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Ok. Let's discuss further in the draft thread!