1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the NBA using magnets in the rim and on the black laces of the basketball to manipulate games?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by StroudAndYorDaddy, Mar 18, 2024.

?

Do you think some of these historic scoring performances are manipulated by the nba

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

When I'm high at 12am, I watch Adventure Time and 80s wrestling shows. Other people solve deep conspiracies.

ramotadab and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

This may possibly be the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

u seem to have a mental illness

maw7079 likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Yall know magnets don't affect non-magnetically attractive elements, right?

So the basketballs used today must have magnetic properties then ;)
    Laced with metal dust or something? :D
    Maybe we need to put the basketballs through metal detectors before they can be used in the game :rolleyes:

Deckard likes this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am familiar with these conspiracies. They're fun because I don't believe them. So I'll answer questions according to what these types of conspiracies typically state.

All of these guys would be okay with losing simply because they have a lot to lose outside of a game or even a championship. Take these Ls or else we release this information that will ruin you, for example. We'll accuse you of this or that if you don't embarrass yourself.

To them, the NBA court is a stage and everyone has a part to play. Sometimes, the story has you winning; other times it has you losing. Either way, win or lose, your fame and bank account grow and you are granted access to this or that.

How else can you explain LeBron's 2011 Finals?

Small markets kinda don't matter anymore so Giannis and Jokic holding down those teams still helps the NBA in those regions and abroad. But we know most of those young guys will move if they continue in their trajectories and stay healthy.

New Orleans has been the minor league team of the LA teams lately, for example, with Chris Paul and Anthony Davis. Why send those guys to grow up in the big markets when the small markets could be used to develop them while those big markets use up veteran stars?

Are you talking about the Knicks? For whatever reason the Knicks have had a consistent culture of basketball that has not included a super star. From Walt Frazier's teams to this current iteration they've had the same feel. Maybe that is the Knicks script.The LA teams, especially the Lakers, consistently have super stars.

As far as the magnets go... Doesn't seem possible, but if it's to influence makes and misses in some way, the NBA would do it. No matter the cost. Because, again, according to those theories, money is not the end all be all.

What's important is the story. Building up these people to the level of gods even if it's just to tear them down later. What's also important is manipulating the emotions of people at large to capture their attention and make them idolators. I mean, who can deny that happens? Whether it's by design or not is the question.

6. StroudAndYorDaddy

literally defies logic.. shot is long and changes its direction last second.. like it was pulled in

all day i can do this

7. JumpMan

The magnet thing shouldn't be taken seriously. I play around with it from time to time cause it's funny.

For some reason, I remember someone, a man of science, entertaining the idea for a minute and saying that it's possible, but expensive. Not worth it. I tend to believe that some sort of sorcery, which is just unexplained science, would be used if it was available.

I want to believe the evidence in these videos, but I just don't see it right now. Lillard's shot over Paul George sometimes seems to takes a funny turn just before going in and sometimes it looks normal. The Rockets missing 27 threes sometimes seems like some sort of magic and sometimes like some sort of choke job.

8. JumpMan

You gotta Zapruder film the hell out of that to see something fishy. You gotta be careful, sometimes we see what we want to see.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He already covered this by saying fans can't keep NBA basketballs.

Obviously that alone completely confirms this hypothesis.

10. StroudAndYorDaddy

which is crazy that the nba is the only american sport where you cant keep balls that go out play. Baseball and the nfl allow fans to keep them if they go out of play.

11. Ancient Moabite

All I will say is the entertainment is just that, theatre/stage show

And they strangely mix Falsehood & Truth

Put it this way, WWE is of course scripted (w-l matches), but they do jump from top ropes for real doing their own stunts putting their body on the line, they practice their matches to make sure it goes to plan

The NBA is already plagued by rogue refs, so a magnet in the ball is not far fetched

Especially since they are here to just entertain (actors) the sleepy headed masses

JumpMan likes this.
  12. StroudAndYorDaddy

barkley forgot his mic was still on.. ernie, shaq and kenny were in stunned silence

listen at the 3:51 to the 4:03 mark

13. JumpMan

And if this poll question were, did the NBA rig the Warriors-Rockets Western Conference Finals? Most people would say YES.

That's crazy, too, because we can't prove it, the NBA would be ruined if it was exposed, and our evidence is subjective, no matter how convinced we are.

But we know that the NBA screwed the Rockets. By hook or by crook, the Warriors were making the NBA Finals. This happens.

At then end of the day, sports are a pillar of Western society. Commodus was rigging games long ago as well.

14. Ancient Moabite

It was some phantom calls in that series...those 20+ missed 3s in a row was mind blowing to say the least

Thing is they showcase it so we really don't have to prove it, that way they cover their tails and say they put in out, similar to how they have things in congressional records that are mind blowing but the avg Joe has no clue they exist

Just look at how stories have come about college players shaving points etc

Phil Jackson said it best in one of those rigged videos floating around

''The zebras control the game, they can make a double digit lead disappear at blink of an eye'' (paraphrasing)

At the end of the day the western world has followed the cliche.... All roads lead back to Rome, which the current Federal Corp U.S. company is their patsy agency who runs the colesium that the gladiators perform for the fanatics, its all a paper bills of credit$$$ grab

Gluttony/Greed and whatever else you would like to insert

Just think about all the cheating stories that have come out past n present

Thats the reason why I say it wouldn't surprise me if they had a CIA agent monitoring the magnet ''plays'', they had refs from that background (if not mistaken)

I lump them all together, which makes it easier to see the collective BS and not single out one and put all that energy into that isolated story (magnet ball / rogue ref schism)

It is what it be

JumpMan likes this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

If you believe that the NBA is fixed and fake and there are magnets and **** in the ball, why even watch the games at that point?

I don't get it

16. JumpMan

Did you see Anthony Edwards's dunk over John Collins? Did you see Kyrie's game winner over Jokic? What about Wembanyama in San Antonio? LeBron playing out his Hollywood Hulk Hogan phase in LA? Let's call them actors, it's still incredible and entertaining. That's part of it.

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Harden stank it up on his own, stop looking for excuses. Your lover boy sucks

19. JW86

JW86 Member

This is just wow...sorry I'm all for a good conspiracy theory - especially since there's evidence of referees influencing games - but this is just not even worth entertaining. IF this was even remotely true, someone would've spoken up since there's just no way hundreds of players can keep up this level of acting and things being fixed. There's a difference between fixed and rigged.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

RKREBORN likes this.