1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

He has played objectively poorly for most of the season. He was really good that last game against Washington. Let’s see how he plays against some real competition, Cleveland, on Saturday.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

Hey honey, the yearly "has Jalen finally turned the corner" tweets just dropped.

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

great team play---points distributed

BigMaloe, plegus, Bo6 and 1 other person like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. kpdark

kpdark Member

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Does this fluke game count or do we need to wait until next season?

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We need to wait and see if his good games begin to outnumber his bad ones, by a significant margin, over a large sample size.

Corrosion, harold bingo and roslolian like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this corey brewer clone is still the worstest player in the entire league, maybe in league history. come july we should cut him and sign kpj

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is only his third year................patience pays off

He is going to be great

cbass likes this.
  12. Darth_Kenobi

Darth_Kenobi Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is also someone easily predictable and once his athleticism is starting to wear off......he would not be the same.

We have seen that with a lot of players heavily dependent on athleticism and speed. (Nagging injuries)

He can only hope that when he is declining he has won himself some hardware.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jalen is playing great obviously. Very interested in how long he can sustain it and how quickly he can bounce back when such a streak ends.

I want to see his defensive effort and unselfishness be a constant regardless of how he’s doing on jumpers. I still see a lot of room for him to improve his shot selection on his jumpers and get an extra assist or two.

Definitely trending in the right direction. Honestly opening up my eyes to the fact that most NBA teams pay a more modern, spacious game with very few floor generals and very few star scorers in the post. I know that works for our bread and butter but soon enough we’re going to need to score other ways to supplement that. It’s going to require crisper execution and just more experience for the young guys.

We have to be good at playing both ways. We’re seeing how much it can ease things up for athletic players to thrive. Cam would be feasting off the lack of bigs in the paint and running in transition. Playing in crowds and at a slow pace requires a very high degree of skill and IQ and to be frank that’s not our strong suit with this roster. We have 6 athletic players in our core rotation 22 yrs old or younger. It makes sense to expand our offense to fit them all better especially since Alpi is comfortable in both types of offense.

glynch likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wemby gonna have a shorter career than Jalen but nobody seems to care.

16. plegus

plegus Member

Other than very early&unwarranted heatchecks he has been exceptional on both ends. I hope he keeps this mental agressiveness. Love it.

Bo6, Dobbizzle and GOATuve like this.
  17. plegus

plegus Member

IDK man, so far he looks special on endurance side too. If he stays lean and work on his muscle and tendon strength along with flexibility he can play healty for a long time. He has the tools and knowledge and especially brains to do it.

GOATuve likes this.
  18. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

So we're unhappy now that he's playing really well? No matter what you think his future is in Houston this is a great stretch of basketball for him.

Dobbizzle and roslolian like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's playing better in the wide open offense minus our big guns....as expected. Glad to see it.

Why did you put the classic footage of MJ up there? I love it, but are you actually trying to compare this kid to the Man?

jim1961 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

He had two foot fractures before coming to the league. This year he already got several small injuries and got a minutes restriction for some time. This is his rookie year right? Jalen Green missed some time his rookie year too but he still played more games than Wemby. I'm confident Jalen will have a healthier career than Wemby.

You can't really work on tendon strength maybe stretching helps in elasticity but it's not a muscle where you can make it stronger. Staying lean and working on muscle seems like an oxymoron to me. If he adds muscle his mass and weight will increase which means more strain on his body. I honestly think his current weight is the best and he should work on maintaining that.

I just don't think people that tall should be running and jumping so much. Once you go past 7 ft the strain of gravity on your joints and ligaments starts to be a concern and this dude is 7'3.

plegus likes this.