1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. raining threes

They have room

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

why is getting another RB not on his list?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I hope they go wr in round 1 now.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Man I wish we could Elijah Mitchell

raining threes and jch1911 like this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

It should be at the top if not the number two need even with Mixon adding another back is a must.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Jayded

Jayded Member

You know who’d be interesting in an Okudah-like way…JK Dobbins. Mixon is on a short term and friendly deal. Dobbins should be real cheap on a “prove it” deal and then Pearce is your third in whatever order you put the backs in.

Then we have a position locked for a year, spend limited capital to do so, and it’s one less position to hunt early in the draft. Save money for a safety and/or CB and then grab a guy like Bucky Irving mid rounds and aim for a WR or DT in round 1, also knowing you can come up to get someone since you have fewer holes to chase.

UTSA2step, cbass, Aruba77 and 4 others like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. raining threes

I would be happy with Jordan Mason.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. kaw1988

kaw1988 Member

You just love to see it.

[​IMG]

ROCKSS, zeeshan2, FLASH21 and 2 others like this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think bc they have 2 on the roster and can get a backup rb on the cheap in the draft. I don't think their blocking scheme requires the type of rbs that go early especially of you are just looking for a backup who you may develop

BamBam likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think if the line can come back healthy, the offense has the weapons it needs to be great. Stroud and tank were cooking right before he got hurt so you have nico and dell at wr along with a good t.e then you throw in mixon at rb. That is going to be tough to stop

GOATuve likes this.
  14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Would love to take a flyer on Dobbins. Im no expert but I think he still has some in the tank. Whatever happens Cassario has got me super amped for this coming season.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Xavier WORTHY!!!!

couple of d's likes this.
  16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You don’t come back from a torn Achilles. I don’t care how far sports medicine has come along. That particular injury to that position is a 100% Death Sentence.

couple of d's likes this.
  17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

j
    Him and Sweat in round 2 would be a wet dream. Of coarse I'm a Longhorn homer.

UTSA2step and FLASH21 like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This really can’t be understated.

It’s crazy how a great HC and his amazing staff can change the entire trajectory of a team. This is exactly why ‘culture’ is such a hammered home trope within all professional sports. Our Astros have built a culture and it has culminated in the city’s first ever dynasty like organization. Our Rockets are still in the midst of setting the culture with Ime and co. but basketball is such a tough sport to compete in if you don’t have a top 5-10 star to superstar on your team of 13-15 players.

Football is as simple as it gets, find a QB and get a great defense to support him. That’s it. But boy is that hard to do if you don’t have the right HC and FO to work together and find that one player to build around. The Panthers are/were the perfect example of a HC/FO at odds with their beliefs and culture setting strategy.

I love that we are finally getting “homecoming” discounts, just so that our Houston native guys are willing to take that cut for a chance to play for a championship here at home.

I also applaud Nick and co to place so much confidence in DeMeco and co to place these “lower level” signing guys in a position to compete and succeed. I did my best to preach patience not to attack the “up in arms” posters in the midst of it after day one, but to help them remember to have faith. Yes we’ve been jinxed for a majority of our fandom but this is a new era and a new time. We’ve gotta be able to start appreciating the love at some point.

That time is now!

UTSA2step, CKent, Fyreball and 8 others like this.
  20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

But what does it hurt to give him a 1 year deal at minimum pay or a little above? I'm not expecting Barry Sanders here. Go in with low expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised.

houstonstime likes this.