1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Dune: Part Two

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 3, 2023.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hell, if you won't ruin it, I will.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Spectacular movie. So badass!

tmacfor35 and ROCKSS like this.
  3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Going Sunday, I wasn't into Dune at all and then watched part one last weekend and I am down with this ****!

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

P1 is a snooze fest compared to P2

GRENDEL and ROCKSS like this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

True.

But I must admit that every time Dune 1 comes on, I am watching the whole thing.

Dune 2 will be the same.

Pretty amazing watching Paul's ascent from the scene with his dad denouncing his own heir to him standing in from of the "south" in D2.

Great Character Build. Damn Worm Juice.

GRENDEL, ROCKSS and Space Ghost like this.
  6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh look. One of these kind of guys…

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im surprised nobody mentioned Anya Taylor-Joy playing Alia's role in Part 3...which means Part 3 will at least 15 years in the future. Timmy has some aging to do.

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul Rudd

Jontro likes this.
  9. ROCKSS

No worries, he is dating a Kardashian so that takes years off your life

B-Bob, clos4life, tinman and 3 others like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was good not great.

3.5 out of 5 for me.

DD

IBTL likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I rarely agree with you. But in this case, I will confess, I agree with you. The movie was good, but not great. Maybe it's just because Dune is ****ing weird lol. I did like the books though so far better than the movies. Read them all a decade ago.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Villenueve is a talented director, but his movies are slow and long. Dune is no different and you gotta be prepared for that. The book is dense and full of heavy themes, and yet he managed to nail it. The world building is spectacular and the action scenes are a visual feast. That alone is worth a watch. Plus, its not a tired superhero movie.

14. ROCKSS

I saw it yesterday and loved it, I only saw Dune 1 like 2 weeks ago and was intrigued so Part 2 was awesome on the big screen. I cant wait for part 3.........the ending caught me off guard and was ready for more dang it

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Psst....It is a superhero movie.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it was better than 3.5 out of 5... but will agree somewhat that the insane hype made me expect a no doubter 5 out of 5 and i think its more like 4.25/5 for me. Bear in mind the first one was a top 5 move of the last 10+ years for me.

Was there more action? Sure, but not an insane amount. Not that i need action, but it was described as way more action. I mean i kept hearing about Austin Butler and how much of a badass bad dude he was. I didn't really see it. He was even then barely in the movie, basically fights some drugged Atreides dude mostly with his shield on, then looses a short fight to Timothy Chalamet - and lets be real, I'm 44 but i could take Chalamet!! :)

The Chalamet-Zendaya story was... well basically 100% as expected.

Walken... idk, he was fine, but its hard to watch Walken in stuff cause he's such a "character" in a sense in the way he has acted in past stuff, SNL, and with just his voice and intonation. You almost want to chuckle a bit when he says anything.

I would have liked more diving into his mom's story line. They seem to be the ones that have the actual power.

I did NOT see it on an IMAX... i've seen lots of people be like "must see it on an IMAX!!" ... i dont specifically see why

All that though... still a 4.25/5 for me. The cinematography is as good as it gets. Score is incredible. Acting, despite my comments, is superb. Directing is great. CGI is super. Pacing is fine. I've always loved the story - but i MUCH prefer things that feel like more realistic sci-fi that sci-fi geared towards a younger audience (The Expanse for example is one of my favorite shows ever). Etc. Etc.

I'd watch it again more than once for sure...

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think a 4/5 is my rating.

Saw it last night. I watched Dune Part 1 on Saturday to refresh my memory. I think I liked part 1 more.

It felt like they crammed too much into Part 2. I get the source material is a lot, but Part 1's flow felt better to me. Part 2 felt disjointed with more plot threads to converge, like when they cut to the Harkonnen world.

Paul's journey and growth was fun to watch, and his relationship with Chani.

I wish there was more to the final battle. For such a large scale operation, there wasn't enough screen time. Each sequence was too short, especially Gurney v Rabban.

tinman likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

lol

i actually like him as an actor though!

B-Bob likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Michael Rappaport? Totally agree. J/K

I just love MP calling him Chamalay. :D Maybe not even intentionally.