1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/2/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I agree. Been notably better on defense, and I would say passing as well. I also think that he has finished at the basket better as the year has gone on and he just seems to be doing a better job of getting there as well. Still getting stripped of the ball a little too on his way to the rim.

I’m uncomfortable with trading him in the off-season unless the return is really good. I am almost leaning toward just having to trade him next February for a crappy return if we give up on him or just not matching any offer, he may receive after next season if we don’t think it is worth it.

I don’t expect him to put it together but I still see enough to where I am OK with seeing what happens 50 games into next season.

Prince_Hakeem and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Overall he did have a good game. And if I insinuated he didn't, that's not what I was saying. I just think his game picked up after Nurkic went out.

He has had good games against them but to me, thats the same analogy as saying, everybody gets lucky every now and then.

He has to improve in other areas, just like Jalen and the other young players on our roster do. The question is do we have the time to wait??

DasouthDakota likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I'd take 70%.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you mean do we have time to wait? Sengun is only 21 the Rox have all the time in the world.

Taking on AD, Sabonis and Jokic and having career games isn't something anybody can do lol wtf I don't care how lucky you are. What is Bruno Fernando's record against those 3? How come he hasn't been lucky like Sengun?

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That’s exactly where I am…it’s better…I wouldn’t call it good.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

definitely good. Specifically pnr and on ball.

7. MadMax

The Rockets have a better defensive rating when he’s off the court than when he’s on. He is not a good defender, and we do not match him up to guard the better guards, despite his speed. He has definitely improved. But he is not a good defender.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anybody else enjoying the Suns meltdown tonight against OKC?

clos4life, Ankara1923 and RocketsFido like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Suns are getting their just dessert, I'm looking forward to their first round exit, if they even make the playoffs.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One heck of a remaining schedule left. Close to 0.600 opponents.

11. MadMax

You missed an opportunity to say Phoenix is getting its “just desert” and concluding with the insertion of a gif of the CSI guy putting on his sunglasses.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

MadMax likes this.