1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/2/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2024.

1. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

LMAO ****ing b****es. We been getting fouled tf out the whole season Jalen, Sengun especielly. This is why I think Udoka needs to have our youngins back at the press conference more throw some shade at the refs not calling fouls on our players instead of always saying "stop searching for the foul"

2. invocux

invocux Member

Games like these just tells you what you need to know about this team and NBA basketball. You absolutely have to have a very reliable shooting guard in your lineup and at least 2 players that consistently score 20+ points. If Jalen was a reliable shooting guard, played like today or slightly worse in 90% of the season we would be in playoff spot. Since he can't teams solely focus on Sengun and try to disrupt his game by doubling, trippling him because he's our only offensive weapon and eliminating him brings your team the easy win. Having a reliable shooting guard means that they will not Piper Perri Sengun in every single possession like in that meme and he will have space to operate. It's easy to stop just one guy.

IvanLCPM, ArtV, theDude and 6 others like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately, yes.

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  5. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

A benign growth is non-cancerous. It was pre-existing and would've gotten worse over time whether he sprained his leg or not. But yes, I'm surprised this wasn't identified 2 months ago after he re-injured it..

saleem and roslolian like this.
  6. R=$

R=$ Member

Nice win Rockets! Jalen is going through the growing pains. Glad to see the young fella with a positive outcome.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The only problem I have with your analysis and with everyone else's take on this matter is Sengun didn't get going until Nurkic left the game.

And that's my only problem w/Sengun. When he faces a legit center, he tends to struggle.

8. conquistador#11

That's just you being you. SEngun had middies going. 8 pts in the first.
    And defensively he was guarding his man and contesting whoever missed their assignment.

#1048 conquistador#11, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  9. j@amc

j@amc Member

Jalen's D was also noteworthy (especially early in the game) and chasing down an offensive board in the 4th was nice to see.

I don't know if it was the Sun's D or our teamwork, but the Rockets did have 63 uncontested looks. And we made 41% of them (which is great for us), led by Jalen 8-16 and Fred 6-12.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The Rockets beat the Suns on the road when the Suns started their Big 3. It’s been a frustrating season, especially the last two months, but I like these wins. I think it goes a long way for the confidence of the young players.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh no.

Opposing teams are very situational when it comes to who they care about guarding on the Rockets.

Sengun doesn't help with Green's spacing either. Especially when they do pnr possessions at the top of the three point line where they ignore Sengun because he's far away from the paint so it just becomes two defenders on Green instead.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Is it me or is that an awkward pause in the video for our reporter? Do you see what I see?

13. fchowd0311

How did I not notice before that Beal tried to do that fake inbounds pass thing Barnes did to Kobe.

Green didnt flinch and Beal actually touched Green's hair.

Salvy likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's had good games vs Jokic and AD, both of whom are more "legit centers" than Nurkic.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

“If only Jalen played like this in 90% of the games”

No sht - if that were the case we’d have an all nba player right now wouldn’t we? Consistency isn’t linear for all young players with extraordinary talent. The flashes should give our most critical fans reason to ride with him and instead they take every opportunity to demean him. Confidence is key with Jalen. Great to see him cooking and having fun on the court.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Me too!

Just way too few of them.

saleem and roslolian like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't expect him to play like this in 90% of games--that would be unreasonable at this stage in his career.

The problem is he's only giving us games around this level more like 10-15% of the time this season. And when he doesn't, the norm has been something like 14 and 4 on 35% shooting/25% from three.

roslolian and Strawberry Gum like this.
  19. fchowd0311

I'm honestly fine with the analysis that he's been horribly inconsistent. 7 horrible offensive games and then the 8th game where he shows the talent level of a superstar guard and that has been pretty much the pattern for this season on the offensive side.

But I'm tired of people pretending he's still the same defender as he was last year. People saw him tonight make defensive plays and were like "first time I've seen him play defense". Hell nah. He's been a good on ball defender the entire season

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's gotten a lot better defensively. I don't know if I'd quite agree he's been good, but certainly better.

fchowd0311 likes this.