1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green’s frustration clear in the building - Iko

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Nook bringing the heat tonight you love to see it.

god damnit I thought this was the game thread.

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

When Jalen is inevitably moved, Rockets PR needs to get ahead of it. They are trying to be a player's team, and send people to wherever they want, and keep things as professional as possible, but they need to start defending themselves against these players who are not good that try to blame the org for their trash play. Carmelo did it, KJ Martin and his father did it, John Wall did it, and after the org did their best to accommodate them and they end up not having much success elsewhere they still decide to trash the org. Jalen is already starting to show signs that he is going to blame the org and giving Chandler Parsons in Dallas vibes as far as what he will say about Houston. I hope once he is gone, they dont tolerate this nonsense. Once they start doing better with his replacement, I hope they indirectly mention why as well.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Y’all ever do that thing where you are about to hit the ignore button but then realize you’re semi-entertained by the content you want to ignore? I’ll hang up and listen.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Kinda like Sengun last year and this year without KPJ.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like how frustrated JG is playing tonight. The man needs to be frustrated more often.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It will last another game tops. This has happened plenty. I think the last time was the trade rumors and an article bringing up possibly trading him. It sucks it takes public criticism for Jalen to show up in games. Shows how much of his issues is mental.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Stone is absolutely responsible for blowing the #2 pick, but he gambled on upside in a situation where it was desperately needed. Team fit wasn't even a consideration in that draft, it was a blank slate at that time. It's ridiculous to say now, but stylistically Jalen and Anthony Edwards were not that different. Edwards had some extra bulk on his frame, but came into the league almost the exact same weaknesses. People forget how terrible his rookie season went. The difference is that Edwards continually improved and fulfilled his potential, while Jalen got worse each season.

Easy, mtbrays, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16 .....Trey attempts.....the Rockets are tanking.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If frustration means 10/27 from the field, I'll pass.

mtbrays, cml750, REEKO_HTOWN and 10 others like this.
  11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

That’s crazy smh, dude is a ballhog. I would hate to be on this team knowing that I would be benched for shooting the type of shots he shoots.

12. maypk

maypk Member

Jalen missing his shots in the 1st quarters is bad for the Rockets, but him making his shots in the 1st qs is even worse.

Entropy, A_3PO, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun doesn't take nearly as many & they're not off the dribble or as contested. This is why I don't take your metrics seriously

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep but thing is...a lot of this game is mental.

If Green is frustrated at the team instead of himself then that says all you need to know about him moving forward. The team has given him plenty of opportunity to prove he's the future of this team, this year was made for him and what does he do?

He looks worse.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You can definitely add Cam Whitmore to the list of teammates (I 100% believe Sengun's play lately is a result of being on this list) who hate playing with him.

You actually heard on the broadcast Cam scream 'F*CK' after Jalen refused to throw the ball ahead to him late in the second quarter I believe in a semi-fast break attempt, at the same time flexing his arms like they do when they're angry.

Two games in a row Cam has shown visible frustration at this whole pathetic scenario of knowing he's infinitely better than Jalen already, gets benched for much less than Jalen, constantly plays better than Jalen for less minutes and just has to watch Jalen fumble games away every single night.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

HAHAHA 'not as contested'.

You know you're talking about Jalen Green right.

The guy who has missed about 3000 wide open shots this year?

Explaining it to you like you're five - 'wide open' means not contested.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

That is the only reason I took @rocketschump off of ignore. He is just too unintentionally funny.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LOL..............Different open shots??? :confused:
    I guess open shots aren't what they used to be!!! :D

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards and cml750 like this.
  19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I definitely spoke too soon. I stand corrected.

cml750 likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If he has a few more games like this, they should pull him for the season while he has some semblance of value lol. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice….Fool me 10 times….

AroundTheWorld likes this.