1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green’s frustration clear in the building - Iko

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 29, 2024.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen plays plenty of minutes with Jeff green at center not clogging the paint. And the results are the same. He gets stripped everytime he drives to the basket. Gets stripped on his crossover. How does clogging the paint affect that? Dude is trash. Needs to be traded. He's holding Sengun back with his bricks.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly everytime Josh christopher played he out performed Jalen.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You are the biggest troll on this site and if we actually had mods I dont think you'd still have an account. I wouldnt be surprised if you were Jalen or related to him. When it comes to Jalen all you can do is attack his teammates. How does Sengun clog the paint when he stands by the 3 point line to receive cuts to pass Jalen the ball. That and pick and roll is the majority of our offense so how the **** does that clog the paint troll?

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’m sure there were times he didn’t look happy but I DISTINCTLY remember looking for him on the bench after big buckets to see his reaction and at time outs he was high fiving and smiling. And if he’s unhappy, good. That needs to be his fire this offseason to become a more consistent, two-way player.

he has GOT to stop trying that stupid softy layup with the wrong hand flipped over his head. He doesn’t use his body well to shield defenders and that’s why he gets blocked fairly easily.

5. Nook

Nook Member

"I saw Cam Whitmore at Pappasitos eating the cheese enchiladas dinner (the three enchiladas with extra onions) and he didn't look very happy that the queso was cold. To be clear he seemed happy with the chips and salsa" - IKO

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  7. invocux

invocux Member

If the environment has to be perfect for you to flourish then you are an incredibly flawed bb player. Amen doesn't need x to be in y to sit z to be absent he shows up and shows his quality. Cam too. Some r****d on Twitter was saying that Sengun setting screen for Jalen was bad for Jalen, it would never work because he wasn't that guy he was supposed to get the ball and attack the rim right away hahahaha might as well start Aaron Holiday at 5 he would never set a screen.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

How did they not being on the team affect the open shots the previous year?

I know, it's still Silas fault. Even though we brought in hot shot new shooting coach Ben

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Houston fans' frustration clear in the building - Houston fans

10. dmoneybangbang

If he was making more shots it wouldn’t be nearly as much of an issue. He still looks lost at times but he overall looks like he has a better understanding of the game.

He just doesn’t seem mentally ready for this type of pressure.

BamBam likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen is being asked to play defense now so he has to exert more energy and it is having an effect on his offense.

DD

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Mumbling has nothing to do with his game or how smart anyone is. I’ve met some of the smartest individuals who struggle to articulate their thoughts, it’s more of a confidence issue. And on the flip side, some of the most well spoken and articulate people I’ve met have nothing of value to say. Speaking well is a skill, like everything else.

#132 Rocketeer, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Shark44, BigMaloe, Patience and 3 others like this.
  13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Jalen needs self accountability, an issue with a lot of young players. Especially those with high school success. He really needs to think about his career this summer, and really work on his shot every day. Things wouldn’t be as bad for him if he just shot the ball better. That being said, the Rockets must absolutely explore other options and find a star shooter, or maybe we already have one on the bench (Cam).

Crashlanded19 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

So his misused talent is hitting wide open layups and dunks?

Joe Rocket likes this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well you are talking to someone who believes the NBA is scripted.

*Refs can distort the fouls propping up a particular team/player.

*Game ball specs report advanced technology in the ball. (Magnets?....GPS technology?)

*Fans started bringing up FT discrepancies of 2 teams in the same game. (See Raptors coach after Lakers game)

*Refs have countered that by sending the poor FT shooter to the line so that the box scores don't show a huge dif.

-------------------------

# no way I believe poor shooting Dillon Brooks is all of a sudden a good shooter. Guy does 40 footers, step backs,
    Quick release shooting and is a dead-eye in the front half of the season.

# FVV one of the worst above the break 3-point shooters last year is good in the front half of the season. Sure.

# many here said Jordan Poole was great and worthy of his $20+M dollar contract. I said he was
    overrated. Goes to Washington and he sucks. League can make anyone look like a hero or zero.

#Denver Nuggets were down to a last second shot in a game earlier this season and they draw up a 38 footer or so for Jokic. And he buried it. Are you kidding me. That's the league propping up Jokic
    as a hero, imo.

I don't buy it for a second

#136 ApacheWarrior, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  17. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    “Sweep his knee… it’s for your teammates.”

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Adam Sliver is forcing Jalen to allow defenders to strip the ball from him, miss open shots, and look completely lost on the court?

xtruroyaltyx and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If you're a slasher and strength is getting to the rim, it would sure help to have a big that can shoot 3s so his man can't slide over. He doesn't get many wide open dunks

20. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

KingCheetah and AroundTheWorld like this.