1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 2/27/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2024.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Huh...everybody but you seems to think Bari is a really good defender. Hey, let me give you a flash...Goon, DB, certainly FVV should have burn marks on them from how easy players went around them. You need to ask Ime why he plays Bari more minutes than any other player CONSISTENTLY. Pretty sure his length and defense would be in his answer back to you. Honestly.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

35 is not so bad, Could still get that if they find a groove and they do play a lot better at home. They did drop some games they had no business dropping.

I'm really not that negative as others here, they are going through the usual progression and what we really need now is one of our young guys to blossom into a clear future star. We really need that the next year, that's what took OKC over the top was SGA making that leap.

Having a go to guy makes a BIG difference as you have someone to go to when things get rough.

It's kind of funny though I bet if we had Harden we'd be fighting for seeding. I was one of the people that really wanted Harden and to me its now clear that Harden would have made the team and progression of our young guys much better. I know people don't want to hear that but...Harden would be such a clear and obvious upgrade over FVV and would have made the game a lot easier for our young frontcourt to dominate and every other guard that's played with Harden IMPROVED and also cite Harden for that improvement.

Harden might have been his own offensive system but its 5x better than what we got going on.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets would be square in the play-in picture if Jalen had made any sort of leap in year 3

with Harden, we’d be on par with Sacramento right now IMO even if Jalen was still giving us the same ass level play

we are are close to being a bottom 5 offense this year

PeterKingX and JayGoogle like this.
  4. AuburnRocket

Hey, speaking of SGA and KY draft players ,we need to give a serious look at Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Decline Harden for developing Jalen is a ridiculous joke now.

6. ThinkBigRoc

ThinkBigRoc Member

Jabari often crosses over instead of a reverse pivoting from his defensive stance on the perimeter. He consistently gets blown by. He does use his hands well, but his footwork on defense is absolutely trash.

7. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Guys just letting you know that Jalen will sleep good tonight knowing that he scored 16pts and had an amazing dunk

maypk and PeterKingX like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It's to the point where Udoka has to do SOMETHING, because doing nothing sends the wrong message. He needs to try something different even if it's just to light a fire under the guys. This team is a mess.

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Our gym rats.

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You saying this after he stopped SGA multi times

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. invocux

invocux Member

We need to get Malik Monk or Miles Bridges.

12. AuburnRocket

Agree...I would have really liked Harden back. IMO, we are real close to having go to guys...Bari...if he ever rediscovers his 3 pt. shot/% watch out. He has the defense and rebounding down..that is consistent. Amen needs work on his outside shot and FT. Tari will really help but you have to question durability at least somewhat. Cam is green as a gourde and just needs to learn to play more within himself and more TEAM oriented. We still could win 10 more games but not with the current selfish basketball i'm seeing.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not really because there's just ton of guys at or around replacement level. It's not linear

OremLK likes this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I don't think Sengun will ever be that #1 option on a championship team, he's just too small. Even if we get good shooters around him.

I think Stone is gonna be in big trouble because we could not draft a real generational player with their original plan so we're gonna end up going nowhere this decade but maybe a few early playoff exits at best.

Playing against OKC is a good test to see how far we are from reaching their level. Right now I can't imagine a team of Sengun, Jabari, Cam, Amen to ever reach the #1 seed in the West.

tagedieb likes this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Fair enough.

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take away the BS calls a
    3pt shot will be more consistent once his legs are stronger … he plays so hard on D and O .. he doesn’t take plays off , would like to see him work on his conditioning even more if Ime going to play him 35-40min a game

17. maypk

maypk Member

What offseason work are you guys still talking about?

The moment I saw him posting contested fadeaway midrange jumpers on instagram in summer, I knew that dude is a hopeless case.

He doesn't know his weaknesses, he thinks the Rockets are not using him properly, he blames everyone around him but himself. Dude is just a low iq individual with very little basketball fundamentals. It is what it is.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have couple of those guys......Chet is IMHO that guy as well.......Jalen Williams is a 1b or 2a guy if he develops.

Roomba likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say the same thing that Udoker is too offensively challenged to win a few big ones.....

20. Damion Laverne

Nine first-round picks and three of those were wasted.

one is trending towards bust status