1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason too good to ignore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But these people are supposed to be specialized in sports medicine. And a pro basketball team's medical staff is supposed to be knowledgeable about NBA players' health issues. Tari's case even among NBA injurie might have been a rare case. I don't know.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter. Most scientific literature including medical literature is tailored to the bell curve, meaning the middle 75-80% of the patient population. Yes, having a study that only looks at say college/pro atheletes helps narrow that patient population. But there is a difference between a borderline NBA starter and even a good Division 1 player in strength, athleticism, etc. even when you don't consider how they play and who relies on those factors more.

Also when I say uncommon, what I mean is generally uncommon for all people, say on this forum. But because it is affecting someone who has a rare baseline, it essentially becomes a rare case.

Like there are only 500-600 nba players every year. A condition/injury/compliation that happens say 1/1000 or 1/10000 in the general population is not really considered rare in the medical community. Uncommon definitely.

Sorry, I know this gets to how things get defined and nitty gritty. But that appears be necessary when considering Eason's injury.

#542 rpr52121, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    Easy likes this.
  3. cdastros

cdastros Member

This reminds me of the Hakeem Olajuwon situation.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not that hard, people do not know that he had that injury in the Preseason as well....

It needs tons of rest and players are impatient and telling the staff to play them ahead of time.....

It is basically a season ending one, but the Rockets never called it.

Or at least it is nearly a season long injury.

Easy and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. conquistador#11

He is going to demand a trade next if the gm doesn't change.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tari's mystery injury makes me think this guy might never return to playing 100%. With how secretive they are about it, it must either be very serious or they're trying to protect the medical staff's huge ****up.

DaDakota, Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

His 2nd year of development down the drain.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  8. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Yeah he may REALLY be a Kawhi part 2.! gulp

The only thing we have in our favor is Momster is a big Udoka fan.

9. corrado

corrado Member

Maybe the title should be changed to "Tari Eason too good to forget". How good he is/was is soon going to be a myth.

cml750 likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

It would be terrible shame if this really was some kind of career-ending injury, but we don't actually have any evidence of that being the case. More likely it's something they thought could heal on its own via rest but it will turn out to have needed surgery after all. I just hope he can be back to basketball before next season begins.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jesus f*cking christ. What the hell are they doing?

Why do you need several other opinions after this much evaluation and re-evaluation? Usually that's a sign someone is trying to avoid a procedure by purchasing a favorable opinion.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets continue to act very let's say not professionally.....just rest him for the season, it is not that hard.

If he needs surgery, then have surgery......if not then give him another 5 months.

Playing with the health of a young player and then leaving the fans hanging......lol.

Front Office stood pat at the deadline meaning they do not want new blood coming in and giving the players a breather, what signs do people need to see that we should call it quits.

#552 daywalker02, Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

And this much rest before looking deeper into the issue is what makes me think it's incompetence. I mean I can see waiting a week or 2 to see if it's getting better but after 3 weeks at the latest, you should have been doing what you're just now doing.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets have never had a good medical staff. Not everyone can be Phoenix but damn they gotta be better than this

pippendagimp, OremLK and Aruba77 like this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

Keith Jones's department? The mistake was probably letting Tari come back too soon.

As far as the injury, didn't they say it's based on the imaging test. I'm guessing they looking for some improvements as a criterion to clear him.

At this point I would just say rest Tari the remainder of the season. He'll have that and the summer.

That's been my assumption since Dec. Reporters (as their job) will continue to ask, but as default, just assume he's out indefinitely.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

If he needs more opinions it should not be hard to get. The Houston medical center area is one of the best if not THE best in the entire world. This whole situation is strange . It is looking more and more like the medical staff screwed this one up badly.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. vince

vince Member

When Tari was in the rotation, the Rockets were vying for the 6th spot in the playoffs. They looked like they had arrived. They’d taken down the Nuggets, the Thunder, and a few other top contenders.

Once Tari got his mystery injury, the Rockets have been in a funk, struggling to find their identity. Which is interesting, because Tari isn’t supposed to be the best player on the team.

It’s crazy how Tari helped the flow of the team, and the team looked every bit a winner. But he got hurt and it exposed that the team is far from being a contender. By now most folks have practically given up on the playoffs. Now the concern is, will Tari be able to play basketball again?

pippendagimp, HD729 and peleincubus like this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

He already had the mystery injury when he was helping us during that early stretch. His minutes were limited. He got the injury during preseason. Even with the minute limit he was making a huge difference. We need Tari back but healthy.

vince, HD729 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. conquistador#11

Can we just break his whole leg and let it heal after surgery. (civil war medicine)

These stress fractures I hate.
    One of our most impactful players I just want him around for 65+ games.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member