1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooklyn Picks -- Cash 'em in, or let 'em ride?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Feb 10, 2023.

?

Brooklyn Picks -- Cash them in, or let 'em ride?

1. Cash 'em in

85 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Let 'em ride

161 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen, Brother. It's looking really good.

2. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Reed looks like better version of Austin Reeves that he’ll never become. I would definitely pick him if I was the GM but we talking about Stone here. He only draft what’s best available on the board when it comes to lottery so

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Hawks' Trae Young out at least 4 weeks for finger surgery - ESPN

Well this is terrible timing. Hawks are up three games on the Nets, but have a back to back set against each other coming up on 2/29 and 3/2. Atlanta was already having a tough time winning games. With Trae out four weeks and Okongwu out at least two more they could drop out of the play in completely.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really like this draft. Not to find our superstar but to get a nice player to augment the core 5.

Shark44, roslolian, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  5. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Its nice to be drafting without looking for a superstar. Every draft has some high floor/low ceiling guys that could contribute. A lot of the guys with superstar potential also have high bust potential as well I feel like

cml750 likes this.
  6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Nets have such an easy schedule for the rest of the season, I think the play in was probably inevitable for them anyways.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

He got the memo to do whatever it takes to tank. Thank you for your service, Private Simmons.

dmoneybangbang and robbie380 like this.
  8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

We need to keep these Brooklyn picks and keep playing the draft lottery until we find a true championship-caliber, superstar player. We've got a lot of very nice pieces, but no All-NBA type of lead dog.

jcmoon likes this.
  9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This is starting to get interesting!!

With BKNs loss today, and ATLs win, Tankathon shows that we find ourselves at 'pick 9' and BKN at 'pick 7'*

This puts us at 49.5% chance of a top 4 pick (!!) And a 20.2% chance of a top 4 pick PLUS another pick in the lottery (8-12 range)

In a dreanworld we want Toronto to surge (and potentially pass us). And somehow for Memphis to string together a 6-7 game win streak and pass BKN.

*(not sure that is right, my understanding of tiebreaker is that BKN should be ahead of ATL, therefore only at pick 8, but roll with what the pros say and take pick 7 for now!)

roslolian, Bo6 and xaos like this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Is Reed Sheppard the next Steph Curry?

There are parallels -- Pedigree: both are the son of a very good player (I will grant that Dell Curry was much better than Jeff Sheppard -- but Jeff was awesome in college and Reed's mother is a top 10 scorer all time for Kentucky's womens team), obviously both are amazing shooters (Reed shooting >.500 from 3), ball handling is excellent, court vision and awareness is excellent, both have high steals per game. Curry was the centerpiece of the Davidson offence, whereas Reed Sheppard must share the ball with his Kentucky McDonalds All-American teammates. I'd love to have Sheppard on the Rockets.

roslolian likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I got us finishing 7-18 for 32 wins.

DD

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

God this draft could be a game changer. Just the thought that we could potentially have the #4 and #8 pick would be a god send after this year. Imagine adding Buzelis + Sheppard to the roster.

Let's hope Memphis and Toronto can go on a hot streak!

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Buzelis looks like he sucks. Can't trust a guy shooting blanks in GL. I'd rather take a chance on the French guys or Cody Williams.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

People can say crap about Stone but the one undeniable thing he has done well is draft, we have 5 nice young guys in only 3 yrs. If we somehow get two lotto picks next year it's gonna be a wrap.

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

He looks like an Ariza regen to me. Honestly, I don't care who it is. Any talent would be an addition as we have so many holes.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Since when was it wrong to pick BPA?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza didn't shoot 29% from 3 in the GLeague. A dude who can't shoot won't fill any hole since he can't put it in the hole to begin with.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Need Atl to beat Brooklyn tonight. Not off to a great start.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Fun scenario…. What two person combination would you be picking if we landed both the first and the second picks? No trades…..

1. Sarr
    2. Sheppard

prs325 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

If we could get any two it has to be Sarr and Risachier. Get Wemby jealous so he demands a trade to the Rox lol.

hlmbasketball likes this.