1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yes, that is just my opinion based on what I've observed and what he said out of his own mouth.

But honestly, how he feels isn't even relevant. I was just giving my opinion in an open forum.

The only thing that matters is how he produces on the court and so far he has not been a good player. None of this matters if Jalen Green produces. But because he has sucked everything is going to be discussed and dissected. He was the first and highest pick of our rebuild so that is expected.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Backed by what numbers dude? That Math guy has been talking out of his ass for months with TLDR projectile diarrhea posts defending Green after being utterly embarrassed by his farce of a novella series pumping him up over the years. The fact that “Math” is in his username is purely ironic because there’s been zero statistical back up, only irrational agenda masterbation.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, I am glad that a teacher in Idaho also has a psychiatrists license - good to know, maybe I just like talking Rockets - a lot - and use this site to vent and to have some fun.

Nah....but keep trying to float above and pretend that what you say matters, it doesn't......and PSST, none of it does or should...that is the point.

You just do you, and I will do me....and together we shan't be.....

DD

backwardhead likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's not a good faith argument. He's claiming the system is negatively affecting Cam and Amen based on pure conjecture. We have zero idea how Cam and Amen could do in a other system, they have literally played in dozens of games.

Again Greens been a pretty bad finisher since his rookie year. Even if Udokas system is "crowding the paint", what effect does it have on Green when he's been always bad

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  5. IVFL

IVFL Member

It mattered enough for you to click on my profile and get that information about me. (slightly creepy)

It matters enough for you to continue with this conversation.

I am okay with you being a fan and posting, I guess I would just like more substance. That's an easy problem of mine to fix though, that's on me.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. IVFL

IVFL Member

Great! Have that argument with him not me. You are bringing good points to the discussion. I am really just advocating for us as a fan base to be a bit better at discussing our team.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

if you are talking about mathloom you are way off base. He is one of, if not the best, posters on this board. His comments on Jalen have never been fanatic. He just preaches patience with our young guys and has talked about Jalen’s weaknesses in a fair and realistic way. He has recently conceded that Jalen should come off the bench until he gets his act together. He has expressed that we should a run a faster offense and so has Ime. None of that qualifies as talking out of his ass.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well avoid him in the D and D everything is the USAs fault in there with him.

DD

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Mathloom posts quality often. DD posts ****.

Mathloom likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’ve never had an issue with Mathloom’s posts in the past, but listen, I made one thread about Marcus Morris 15 years ago and still can’t hear the end of it, he’s made 7 threads about Jalen Green, doubling, tripling, quadrupling, sextupling down, on progressively more ridiculous and delusional takes. Now that Green has crashed and burned for all objective observers to see, he has moved on to blaming the Fred/Sengun pick and roll, blaming the offense that Ime runs. That’s 9 threads all together just off the top of my head.

Here’s a thought, maybe Fred and Sengun’s pnr and Udoka’s offense would be more efficient if there wasn’t a 30% 3 point shooter who chucks 7 threes a game anchoring the offense? Maybe then the defense wouldn’t be able to sag and clog everyone else? Fred and Dillon and Jabari have held up their end on 3%, Sengun is a center, not every team has a stretch 5. The SHOOTING guard who can’t shoot but insists on chucking is the problem, perhaps.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is such BS dude. Cam sucks at avoiding bodies in the paint and Amen has no outside shot. Of course they would be better with more transition and with the opponent defense less set. This is just you being insanely pedantic about an obvious thing. It's easily the most likely outcome of increasing our pace and space.

This is like denying Russell Westbrook would be better in a higher pace offense. You are not discussing in good faith here.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Or... you're just not reading the dozens of posts where I've criticized Jalen himself to hell.

Sounds like you're just bitter about your Marcus Morris take 15 years ago.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Btw guys, there are 15 players on this roster, I have not criticized ANYONE more than Jalen Green. I've praised everyone more than Jalen Green. That's an objective fact and I'll put my name on the line for it. I've advocated for benching him and starting Cam, putting the Rockets first. Don't confuse support for acceptance of his performance. If that's not reasonable to you, I don't know what you consider reasonable.

#633 Mathloom, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    Rocketeer likes this.
  14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

What do his political opinions have to do with the topic of this thread or any of his Rockets analysis? You interject political opinions into threads outside that subforum as well. Don't be hypocritical.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Doogie Houser was a MD

DD or “**** Takes” is an NPD.

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not purely a Green problem, but he certainly shoulders a lot of the blame. Brooks is shooting the 3 much better than KJM did last year. FVV is shooting the 3 at a higher percentage than KPJ did. And Jabari is shooting it much better than he did last year. Sengun and Green are shooting at worse percentages, and of those two, Green is the one who should be expected to improve in that area. If he (or those taking up his cause) are going to complain that the lane is too clogged, it needs to be pointed out that it is his man doing the clogging, too. His man's ability to play off him is going to limit his ability to beat them off the dribble or make those cuts to the basket. If he's not able to use the skills that give him more upside than other players, then you are wasting everyone's time by playing him. At least put a good shooter out there.

17. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I just want to get in the middle of this. Feels a little epic.

I would probably change the title to "Clock is ticking from Ime on Jalen and Stone." I feel like there is so much to be laid at Stones feet. Truth is, I probably would have taken Jalen when we did. But this is why I am not paid to work for a professional NBA franchise. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Does anyone believe that Ime and Tillman aren't having dinner this offseason?

"So Ime, my brother, tell me what you think about Stone. Is he getting you the pieces you need my brother?"

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I don't disagree with your specific point here but you're talking about a different thing than I was. His lack of shooting is going to make his man sag off him, but that has not stopped him from being more efficient than this even in his first 2 seasons.

What I'm referring to is that in general when you have a guy who has a lightning first step and can get FT's, you space the floor out for that guy with 4 shooter OR with 3 shooters and an elite PnR lob threat. Same as you would do with other bad/mediocre shooters that are fast (Westbrook, Morant, SGA, Giannis, etc). We've already seen that play out so this is not theoretical for us. Green has scored better any time he's played with 4 shooters - this is why I was advocating to send him to the bench where we're playing Uncle Jeff at the 5. Obviously that doesn't mean Green doesn't have responsibility for shooting worse - it looks like he didn't put enough time in his basic bread and butter 3pt shot this summer and that's biting him/us in the ass.

What you're referring to is how the offense would also be better for Sengun if Green could shoot better - which is true but a different point altogether. Both of them are responsible and really need a 3PT shot so that they are not stuck trying to outmuscle stronger guys sometimes, we've seen this be a problem for both. I said last season both of these guys need 3pt shots so they are not hurting us off ball, and we're seeing that play out.

Not sure why you're comparing to last season's team - was your point there he has better shooters around him? I have no issue with that, but the spacing is worse and it's mostly because of HOW we play rather than which shooters we have.

theDude likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Jalen Green.

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The team as a whole is taking and making more 3s per game than last year. If they aren’t doing this in transition, then players are setting up behind the line more frequently, or at least being recognized there more frequently by their teammates. If the lane is clogged, then guys have wide open shots and need to be taking them even more frequently.

If you (and Jalen) are correct that how he is being used is the biggest problem, then he probably needs to be moved and get someone who works within this system. He really doesn’t appear to be a player that you should rework the entire team around. If he were, we would know it beyond doubt and this thread wouldn’t even exist.