1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Honestly, I don't think it's that complicated to figure out how Jalen would like to be used.

In that interview with PG13 he mentioned Harden possibly being a hindrance to his development for the obvious reason that Harden would have the ball in his hands most of the time.

Jalen is second on the team in usage behind Sengun but Fred has eaten into a bunch of his would be touches as well. Jalen was the second pick in the same draft as Sengun. He came in billed as a bucket. He called himself that. It's only human nature that he'd resist Sengun being the focal point of the offense with Fred doing a lot of PnR. He's supposed to be the star. Fred and Sengun are his supporting cast, not the other way around.

Jalen wants the ball and wants to run the show more.

Problem is, that's something you have to go out on the court and earn with your play. Jalen just wants to be given that title and be given carte blanche to run up and down the court humping and fumbling the basketball. Hence him feeling like he isn't "being used the right way".

#601 xtruroyaltyx, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is false even by Roosh's account. He wants the paint less crowded and the pace faster, he said so in a post game interview. These are actually intelligent tactical choices for him - and they would benefit Amen and Cam just as much. He has done what Ime has asked of him - to slow down his game, play his role, be patient hunting shots, rebound more, defend better, pass better, etc. The players around him are just not right for his skills, but that's not anyone's fault. Sengun is better so we're going to build for him more than for Jalen logically.

Every single wing on this team is underperforming when it comes to penetrating the paint. Even FVV who is not good at it is somehow a career-worst at it this season. Jaylen Brown had his career low 2PT% and points in the paint under Udoka, was better under Stevens and Mazzulla. Every single wing on this team is a nightmare to defend in transition and are not getting those easy points that other wings are getting. It's not purely a Jalen Green problem though Jalen is on the hook for it unlike the others because it's his 3rd season.

I want Jalen to cut down his 3's and take more 2's, but if the paint is this packed it means we've made more difficult the thing he's best at doing. So that's what's also making him go to the midrange so much, where he's objectively bad.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The thing Jalen hasn't done however is learn how to shoot the 3..... which is pretty much the most important thing for a shooting guard.

3+ years as a professional basketball player and he still struggles with the basics of his position.

theDude, PeterKingX, apollo33 and 3 others like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

wrong, whataboutism 101, Green is the weakest link, every other wing has better numbers.

Until he plays hard on both ends EVERY game, he sits.

DD

#604 DaDakota, Feb 20, 2024
  5. IVFL

IVFL Member

This is the perfect example of a DaDakota post. Someone actually takes the time to lay out a good argument with information to back up that argument. Its well thought out and provides some good insight. He comes flying in with this hot garbage. I mean what did he really contribute? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Where would he be if it wasn't for clichés and ideas he stole from sports movies? He is the kind of dude that uses WE whenever he talks with people about the Rockets, but he actually believes he is apart of the process in some way.

How else could you explain him having 100X more posts than me in about the same amount of time. Empty wagons make the most noise. . . . . .

Mathloom likes this.
  6. DaDakota

Oh wah wah wah, you want some tissues you big baby?

You can't say.....Jalen sucks, but so does everyone else, when that is categorically false....it ruins the rest of a perhaps decently reasoned post.

Mathloom is not well reasoned though, he is 100% Jalen STAN - itis - where else would be get Chapter 23 or 24 if Jalen flames out?

You can't pick one small narrative and go...SEE ...SEE.....when that narrative is not conducive to WINNING basketball.....which is entirely the point....I am sorry that your disgust for lil ole me is clouding what might be better judgement.....

DD

#606 DaDakota, Feb 20, 2024
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey .gif

8. PWR

PWR Member

Which guard pairs best with our $40mil point guard?

Net Ratings for these pairs...
    Fred & Jalen: -1.2
    Fred & Holiday: +17.0
    Fred & Cam: +9.4
    Fred & Amen: +10.4

Our $40 mil PG looks great with every other guard except Jalen.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm not even about to hit "show ignored content" to even see what y'all are talking about.

I'm just ready for the next game to have some current on court stuff to discuss.

10. IVFL

IVFL Member

See, you think I am defending Jalen Green. You cant see the forest from the trees. How can I have an honest conversation with someone who thinks its all about them and how they see the game.

Tell me what Marathon said that was not true? He actually used stats to back up his claims. Is he fanatical about Jalen, maybe but isn't fan just short for fanatical. Lets be honest, you are the same way about players that you like more. Why is it right when you do it but not when he does it? Because you are you? Because you talk the most and therefore must always be right? How else could you explain that ungodly post count?

Lest'[s be really honest. I have seen your "hot takes" you have no idea what winning basketball is (spoiler alert, there is more than one way). You are passably literate on the game of basketball. You couldn't tell the difference between a hedge, jam, push up, or trap in relation to a pick and roll. Here is the good news, you could change that. But, it would require you to actually think you are wrong sometimes. If you think you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room. Its what you learn after you know it all that is the most important.

You don't disgust me, your outlandish belief in your bball knowledge and conviction of always being right does. You could change that and we could probably have good conversations. In other words you are not as important as you think you are.

Dobbizzle and Mathloom like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

While FVV is starting it should be Amen, because of defense and rebounding. If FVV can't get back to norm of 37% 3 pt shooting FVV shouldn't start and it should be Amen/Cam.
    Next year it should be Amen and either Cam or Jalen (if he gets his act together (highly unlikely).

This is what I think, but I don't believe they will move FVV to the bench or traded until the deadline next year.

xtruroyaltyx and PWR like this.
  12. DaDakota

You are wrong, here, I just don't enjoy the deep dive in a shallow pool.

I am not always right, never said that, like ever. Nor, do I think I am important here, I actually believe this is all nonsense and noise and don't take any of it seriously. I don't think any of this matters, it is words, by mostly anonymous people arguing about players......who usually don't read it or acknowledge it in any way.

The problem here, is that Jalen did, that shows SEVERE mental weakness - if you worry about what the b****ers and whiners say - you get stuck - Jalen should ignore everything and get to work on making himself a better player, and DOING WHAT IME is asking him to do.

DD

#612 DaDakota, Feb 20, 2024
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

This guy is straight up lying now. Cam and Amen have zero problems penetrating in the paint. Jalen fans have the exact weak ass mentality as the trash player they worship, it’s always everyone else’s fault, it’s his coach, it’s his teammates, it’s the people online criticizing him. It’s never Jalen’s fault.

maypk and DaDakota like this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is the difference between Jalen fans/haters and Sengun fans/haters, real Rockets fans love our best players and criticize the worst players that’s dragging the team down. Self absorbed egotistical trolls hate on the best player of the team to boost their own agendas while trying to pump up the worst players. It’s not hard to tell who’s who, you can’t hide, every one of you have exposed yourself over, and over, again. You can’t help it, because your ego eats at you, meanwhile the rest of us are just trying to be fans of our team.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

These are your opinions no? What you think he might feel? I'd like to read or hear actual statements from him that back up the "he's upset he's not the focal point" notion.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thank you for judging me by the merits of what I post, but trust me dude, I argued with that guy a lot like 10+ years and it's a dead end. He is too old-minded and set in his ways to see what you're saying. What you're saying here is 100% true and he's been told it dozens of times to his face.

Underneath him is a guy who runs away from detailed arguments by making sweeping one liners and not to mention the most xenophobic poster in the history of the D&D forum (and that's saying a lot). He just can't commit to even his own opinion and I bet that extends into his life too. It's not a coincidence that he stans for any white player on this team and doesn't sh*t on white players who suck on the court. Consider for a moment how many excuses he made for the players he supports saying they weren't given a good enough chance (V-Span, D-Mo). Consider that he is right now holding on to the fantasy that KPJ never did anything to his GF because there was a financial settlement.

He thinks he's in a marketing campaign where he pushes his point and muffles everyone else with those one liners as a strategy, he doesn't understand we're actually here for basketball talk. While I'm a huge Jalen fan, if I'm such a stan why did I two months ago say it would be better to bench him and why am I constantly saying Jalen sucks at X, Y and Z? I never put my favorite player above the team. Can't say the same about him.

17. DaDakota

ROFLMAO - yep.......the old Racist Mathloom rears his ugly head......still full of **** and excuses and blaming everything on someone else.....typical.

DD

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

He has pivoted to deflecting all the blame to Udoka’s system, claiming no one can penetrate the paint under him so it isn’t Jalen’s fault. Except both Cam and Amen have no issues with it and they are rookies. Jalen is 19th percentile in finishing at the rim, which at first glance may seem horrible to you (which it is), but that’s actually an improvement from the 13th percentile he had last year under Silas’s system that supposedly made him look so much better.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. IVFL

IVFL Member

Deep dive into a shallow pool, nice deflection. That's code for, I don't want to get exposed so I am going to act like its beneath me to talk about. (while doing a google search to try and figure out what those things are) See, if you loved the game and how its played that conversation would actually be exciting to you. That is the inner workings of the game that truly can have a large impact on winning. But you want to talk about mental weakness and doing what to coach says, as if you are at practice and know first hand that said player is not. When in actuality you are getting your information by non media personalities trying to get engagement. Not exactly a reliable or unbiased source.

Once again you think I am talking about and or defending Jalen Green. I am not. You are hyper fixated on proving to me that you are right about him about something. What I am talking about is the fact that a poster actually took time to make some points that are backed up with numbers and thought and you come in with the most inane and bland response that adds nothing to the conversation, per usual.

You have 100k+ posts you cant say it does not matter. You would not devote that much time to something that does not matter. Your actions are screaming otherwise. Otherwise, what have the 1000's of hours you've devoted to this site mean.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. IVFL

IVFL Member

But is it true? That's what should be argued. You see him blaming Udoka's system when he is talking about the effect the system has had on a large group of players. Do I agree with that, you don't know. What I am saying is have a good faith argument. IF you bring a better argument we all benefit from quality discussions with stats and good information backing it up .

Dobbizzle likes this.