1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Landry's Tooth

Fair point, but how many of those shots does he take?

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did Iko himself corroborate this story? Is he covering it? Is Roosh part of the Athletic? No? Ok then…

harold bingo likes this.
  3. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

But Amen has really limited his 3 point attempts, so his true shooting % is higher (.552 vs .527) and since Fred’s injury, Amen’s TS% is almost 60%.

subtomic and HardenReturns like this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The Rockets community is definitely reaching a level of toxicity that isn't worth engaging. Those guys, for whatever reason they've received a platform within our community almost exclusively complain about the team and for me anyway, I just can't jive with it. I can't imagine feeling like "this is my team" but also doing nothing but bashing it.

There's a weird energy that thinks you have to have a favorite player and that means the other guys have to go. There's a weird entitlement like this team has accomplished anything, or like we can't enjoy some successes because it's not enough? When it's probably beyond what most expected to start the year.

There's poison in the well, we would be best served to not drink from it.

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

define bust.

6. csc177

csc177 Member

Hey look, if you want to die on the Jalen Green hill so be it. If you’re that dense to comprehend the point that Jalen has not lived up to the expectations and narrative built prior to the draft - don’t know what to tell ya other than to kick rocks, pal.

HardenReturns and DaDakota like this.
  7. csc177

csc177 Member

Every team has this group of ppl: semi connected media, wanna be influencers and talking heads on twitter/youtube. This is nothing new.

8. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Roosh giving Jalen bball tips is hilarious. I think we as a community have lost the plot.

Let’s just look forward to the second half of the season.

9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Roosh deserves to be slapped if he actually tried to give Jalen basketball tips. The whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. Really doesn't warrant any attention as that's obviously what it's being done for. It's like a comedy skit minus the laughs

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not really care about that. I feel like the organization from up top with Tilman is not a well run organization, I had that feeling from the start.

Whitewashing a flawed franchise, sure, why not.

If you think that is poison, well, it is a free platform, people do not have to watch it.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen’s legal team should send out cease and desist letters and threaten lawsuits for no other reason than this dude Roosh is putting it out there that Jalen went to him of all people for basketball advice

doesn’t get more hilarious, embarrassing, desperate, and down bad than that for Jalen if it were to actually be true

imagine Jalen seriously going to Roosh for tips on how to score…and he’s actually making it seem that Jalen took his tutelage and then started playing better

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not what is being said though.

Roosh is saying that Jalen went to him to talk **** about his take that Green should come off the bench.

Roosh then gave unsolicited advice which he said Jalen dismissed.

If he tried to go at him like that, it would lead to the ACTUAL DM's being leaked, which would be even worse for Jalen.

The best thing for him to do is to put this whole thing behind him and no longer whine about what random nobodies say online....instead he should put that energy into learning how to shoot a basketball.

13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The problem is if Jalen really did this, Roosh is certainly within his rights to disclose it. He can even publish the actual DM's if he wants to and if he is hearing from Jalen's attorneys about it, he should just disclose it all immediately. If it is true, there is no liability it is free speech. If it's false then sure send a demand that he cools it. I don't give a sh*t either way. Hell, ABC, CNN, NBC, Foxnews, NY Times, Washington Post, NY Post make up crap all the time and when caught they just claim public figures are fair game, take it to court if you don't like it or bury a retraction in the back pages. It's up to the Rockets whether they want to bench Jalen or not. I personally think they should for a while and see how he responds. What I don't want is for them to do in any way is play Jalen more minutes than Amen and Cam the rest of the way. They both are future starters and the more they play with Sengun and Jabari the better.

HardenReturns and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it should have any bearing or impact on how to handle Green's role.

Dude was getting benched without Roosh ever mentioning that encounter.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

that post was tongue-in-cheek…Jalen’s legal team shouldn’t be giving this the time of day

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

this whole thing is honestly laughable and ridiculous

Jalen looks mentally weak even bothering with a nobody like Roosh to this extent, and Roosh is an attention hoe and clout chaser

they should look to trade Green in the offseason…he’s not good and doesn’t fit with the rest of the roster

rockets1995 and Entropy like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen doesn’t fit.

DD

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I can tell who actually listens to Rockets chop shop and locked on Rockets with Gatlin.

I dont know about those other guys but those two far from complain about the Rockets young players. If anything after i listen to them i usually end up with a better perspective and more patience for the team.

As far as the Roosh thing, its bad look for Jalen. Some of yall are so dense its really sad. This supposedly happened a while ago and he said that hes bringing it up now because of Ime:s comments about changing the lineup.

Sounds like 1) Green isnt taking accountability for his bad play 2) how would he respond to losing his starting spot

Just because you dont like what is being reported or the person reporting it doesnt mean the info isnt legitimate and pertinent. And people keep repeating that Roosh is claiming Jalen went to him for advice. Just bow out of the discussion because you clearly arent paying attention or have terrible comprehension skills.

20. a time to chill