1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Who are the 38 people who liked Roosh's comment? You guys have some self-reflecting to do. lol

yixiixiy and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Those Roosh posts have some real "and then everybody stood up and clapped" energy

Dankstronaut, Bo6, burlesk and 7 others like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Something I think is causing the poor outside shooting especially his threes is his lack of strength -- unless his form is near perfect long shots are a heave for him.

burlesk and charlieaustin like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Social media is a key part of Jalen's persona. It was evident when he was drafted, who he hangs with, how he dresses. He's the basketball player equivalent of someone who goes to a concert and has their phone out recording the entire time. It is not going to be good when social media [inevitably] turns toxic unless he learns from it.

AroundTheWorld and Carpe82 like this.
  5. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

He only needs more strength because his form is bad. Sabrina Ionescu shoots 3s 50% better than Jalen.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just don't think he's legit, I don't think he's an insider, I don't believe he has any sources. I think he makes all this stuff up. Where did he even meet with Jalen Green that they had this conversation? Is he a credentialed reporter with access to the players?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Roosh needs to tell Ime to watch Coach Phil Jackson coaching videos. And stop banning my CF people on rockets watch.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They only ban those that troll, Rwatch is awesome.

DD

10. TimDuncanDonaut

But his rec league tales with Bima, that don't count? :D

a time to chill likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

The Regie/Rip tip, Roosh has said this on RWatch before (multiple times), so I do believe Roosh told Jalen that, whether Jalen asked (or didn't ask) for advice. :D:p

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I like tweets that can stir up ****. It’s my toxic trait. Same here

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Green hinted at many post game pressers that the Offense is not clicking and that his game is not being used very well.....

Roosh does not even need to stir the pot.

JeffB likes this.
  15. OpportunityCost

Jalen has a point, he isn't a 6th man off the bench kind of player. He's more like a 9th or 10th man off the bench type of player.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

How about 11th or 12th man. He should be next to Boban and get about as many minutes in garbage time only.

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let the man showcase himself and earn his big contract somewhere else.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

If Jalen is modeling his game after Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton then it makes a lot sense why he is struggling so much.

Coudn't have picked two worse comparisons lmao.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is a myth. He takes 3.3 open shots (defender within 4-6 feet) and makes 39% of those 3pters.

As far as wide open shots he takes just 1 per game and he's only 29% on those. The reason his defender is 6+ feet away from him on these shots is because he's far from the 3PT line. Those are not missing open shots, those are missing stupid shots.

What he really sucks at is making contested 3pters and long-range 3pters. For the life of me I can't understand why he doesn't get pulled when he misses just ONE of those because he's hitting less than 30% of those combined. He should only take 3pters going straight up and down when open - he can make 39% of those and we would be happy with that. It's just a shot selection issue. Nothing to do with being used properly though.

The place he's not used properly is that the team is SLOW and waits for the defense to be set and the rim protector to be ready. This is absurd because Amen, Cam and Jalen would ALL benefit from attacking defenses that are still back-peddling.