1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 2/14/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Patience is in short supply amongst sports fans…I think your attitude and analysis are both on point. I definitely don’t want to get rid of any of our young guys, especially not for a 45-37 record and a first round bounce.

Just gotta work on accepting that the youth movement will come with many growing pains

Sonicbun8, ramotadab and JayGoogle like this.
  2. ThinkBigRoc

ThinkBigRoc Member

You're be to kind

3. Damion Laverne

STONE = fired at the end of the season

a time to chill and Little Bit like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Those threes had nothing to do with bad defense. Absolutely nothing. Those were hands in his face contests. Played made shots. The Grizzles in the begining of the game made every single three even difficult ones.

Did you actually watch the defense played or just saw Kennasd make threes? Where they sufficiently challenged?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Didn’t he say he didn’t want to lose to the grizzlies ever again?

ramotadab and Hive5 like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He did work hard.

I don't know if you watched the game at all, but when you look at the difference in effort between Jalen and Alpi, it's huge.

Alpi left the rebounds to Amen and Jabari and Brooks - there is no point in fighting your own teammates for rebounds. It wasn't a good game for him, but when your other starters go 1-16 from three (Amen didn't shoot one), it's hard to win. If they only had gone 4-16 from three (many many open looks), we win this game, crazy as it sounds.

P.S.: Jaren Jackson had TWO rebounds. We didn't lose this game on the boards.

P.P.S.: One other thing that pisses me off is that Alpi lost focus again when shooting free throws. 2-7 is unacceptable, he can and must do better.

clutchdabear and OremLK like this.
  7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we didn’t spam him in post when we tied and got lead for all of 8 seconds - he would have ended up with 10 or less points …

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I just hate seeing Jalen when he’s in his non-aggressive mode, especially when for some reason he’s been bringing the ball up the court a lot less in the last few games. I think he easily could’ve got it going in the first but he deferred again and again, and he needs to be better with his off ball movement. I’m ok with everything else he did, but he NEEDS to score, or at least attack.

When I say he played like ass, I am being a little hyperbolic but I honestly do think he totally let me down tonight relative to my expectations

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  9. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I were the GM, I’d see what I can get for both Jabari and Jalen this summer. Jalen is Jordan Clarkson with bad shooting, while Jabari is basically a role player perimeter defender with no athleticism. Both of them have no feel for the game - they don’t rotate on the perimeter and if they bother to cut, they do so at the worst time. Neither of them seems to understand that when they get the outlet pass, they should shoot - not drive into three defenders.

The fact that both of them were high picks is a sunken cost. The Rockets can’t change the fact that they wasted those picks on bench players. Better to move on and get someone that works with the actual talent (Alpi, Amen, maybe Cam) then to hold onto two guys who always look lost.

I know we will miss Jabari’s perimeter defense but that can eventually be replaced. And if we can get a 4 with some springs and with the cutting awareness of Amen, we’ll see the Rockets offense bloom.

cheke64 and J.R. like this.
  10. Hive5

Hive5 Member

Yep. He did.

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Big no to moving Jabari. He took a much bigger leap in 1 offseason than Green has made in 2 (if he’s made any leap at all, that is)

Richie_Rich, Sonicbun8, Moe and 5 others like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Your best shooters can't shoot under 30% from three and expect to win. The Freethrows ugh.

What I loved: Amen Thompson! He had that crucial turnover when the game was tied but such is inexperience.
    Hinton: Dude was like Spaceman in Sunset Park came in for the first time in his life and changed the energy.
    Sengun's defense: JJJ shot 40% when matched up on him than mid way thru the 4th Brooks physically shooshes Sengun away so he can take JJJ. Game was tied 92-92.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just like the franchise was bamboozled by a highlight video in drafting Jalen Green.

They were bamboozled into a couple of good games in a row and not moving him.

It's no surprise to anyone who's watched Jalen over the past two and a half seasons, to see him resorting to his usual needing to be benched in the fourth quarter self once the threat of being moved is over.

Giving this clown any type of contract is going to be absolutely disastrous to the franchise.

BigggReddd likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody cares about his bad fashion.

Hive5 likes this.
  15. invocux

invocux Member

At some point during the game it was

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd keep Jabari, but I am done with Jalen.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lauri is supposedly unhappy that the Jazz were sellers at the deadline. Just sayin'

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they would not trade Tate for consecutive seasons, they probably sit on both for years to come.

If you were a GM, I would hire you.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Are you serious? He was never front of kennard whole game, he is like the worst player going around the pick and watch the game again he was always get left behind. Also I have no idea why he leaves his man to help on weak side when he has one of the slowest close out in the NBA? I guarantee you you won’t see Jalen in Rockets uniform in three years