1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. kpdark

kpdark Member

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What poster tried to pass a narrative that Green is "objectively" a horrible in ball and pnr defender?

kpdark, Verbal Christ and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

To restate the OP's origin question ...

When will JG4 stop being the Rockets Numero Dos?

kpdark likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll always be their number one tank commander.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he’s saying the right things and if he continues to work on those things, he’ll be successful. I wasn’t a fan of his reaction after the Toronto loss, but if he’s putting in work that’s what we want to see. He’s a good kid; I hope he can grind through his confidence issues.

kpdark, Roomba, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has some great physical attributes and hops, and he will most likely always have a place in the NBA but he sure is not made for every NBA system.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. kpdark

kpdark Member

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That’s a fantastic thread thanks for sharing!

kpdark, DeBeards and Mathloom like this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Yeah this is like....the one thing he's been good at this year.

topfive and Mathloom like this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Nook saying he is Jordan Clarkson and Gerald Green love child.

You are Foul for that Nook.

You are Wrong

RichieBanks223 likes this.
  13. TheBeastSystem

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gerald Green could have been much more though.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Ime needs to learn to give a f*cking compliment. No matter who has a great game, he can't help but point out a bad play or two OR act like it's the least they can do to have that great game. Inspire and encourage your guys dude, it's free of charge and takes the same amount of time/effort. YOU will benefit from it more than anyone else. This is why inspiration is preferred over fear tactics - because fear/barking wears off and becomes normalized very quickly while inspiration generates its own momentum sustainably. I've never seen someone be this incapable of even once letting a compliment slip cleanly. Coach feels like he's not worth respecting if he's not tough.

Learn to balance criticism and praise so that the criticism is more effective and impactful. Also, just for the sake of trade value, it's not a good look for your assets unless you have to make an important point. He makes everything blurry for these young guys, they probably have no idea they're playing overall great defense this season given the personnel we have. They are the best defensive story in the NBA given the roster. Major overachievement especially for Jalen and Sengun. I can see Sengun/Cam/Green's eyes rolling when they have a great game and Udoka can't help but point out their 1-2 mistakes IN THE MEDIA. Just tell them about the 1-2 bad plays in the film session. This team needs tough love but Ime is stuck on being extremely negative.

He even had most of this board acting like we're a lost cause on defense despite being a championship calibre defensive team (we've been between 4th and 8th all season, currently 6th). I feel like Udoka wore his voice out in the locker room a little bit and the players logically stopped responding to it so he wanted to break up the core and the GM rebuffed him. Now it feels like he's taking it out on the team instead of looking inside (this is speculation on my part).

To be clear: I love it when he tears into a player (in the media) if they have a bad game. I have no issue with that. I think Udoka is the best young coach in the NBA and arguably the best defensive coach in the NBA for what he's achieved here but if he doesn't improve his offense and communication, he will stagnate. Reminds me of MDA who ruined his own career by stubbornly exhausting his roster right before key playoff series' - just because the idea made sense theoretically in his head.

The ASB is going to be good for the players. They need a break from his voice and he needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Maybe it's also time for Stone to mandate the appointment of a better offensive assistant (like what we did with MDA-Bzdelik). That will reduce pressure on him and the players and the defense.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, you are wrong - Ime needs to tear these guys down and break their bad habits before he builds them back up.

DD

Yojimbo likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

ENUNCIATE, GODDAMNIT!!!!

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. IVFL

IVFL Member

Those are some deep thoughts Norman Dale. . . . .

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yet another thing he's bad at. :D

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]