1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who didn't want Donovan Mitchell...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shakes05, Feb 11, 2024.

1. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Shame on you for those who were hating on Donovan Mitchell...beginning of the season, I made a post stating we need to go after Donovan Mitchell and majority of you fanboys explicitly said Jalen Green has a higher ceiling than Mitchell! Lol the Cavs are number 2 in the East while we sit in 11th/12th place with a depreciating asset in Jalen Green!

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

When did we ever have an opportunity to acquire Mitchell? That was never on the table.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Go be a Cavs fan. Enjoy when they get bounced in the first round. Spider’s calling card

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Mitchell is a star worth trading a lot for but would be surprised if he was made available this offseason. Part of the problem with “waiting for a star to become available” is that you have no control over whether that happens, and other teams can bid for that player too. I don’t think the rockets have a realistic plan for getting a player of Mitchell’s value without also giving away the farm.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol Mitchell has never ever been an option.

how are you going to shame folks on something that never existed

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Even if we could get him for something like Jalen + all the Brooklyn picks, I wonder if he is good enough to be the best player on a championship team. He seems kinda borderline to me, like he needs a really great supporting cast to have a shot. I don't know if our group is good enough yet--they're still so young. And Donovan's window is right now. He is already in the middle of what are likely his peak years.

roslolian likes this.
  7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a lot of idiots on here these days. SMH. Why is this guy allowed to start threads?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

For those of you who lobbied against us drafting Shaquille O'Neal, I hope you're happy!!!11!

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Williamson likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's why I posted it -- dude is a savant.

13. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

You can’t just wish a player onto your team.

jim1961 likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Interesting. What has Mitchell won again? Provide his accolades that justify this level of certainty.

If Green's ceiling is Mitchell, trade him now for good value and never look back. Mitchell is a 3rd/4th piece on a contender; not what you want to pay your #2 overall pick $30M/year for.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

In your opinion was the only reason we didn't get Mitchell bc of the "fanboys" on here ?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

17. Nook

Nook Member

Hey remember that time a long time ago when I said that thing we should do that wasn’t ever even possible?

Well I’m back to gloat about that thing I said that wasn’t possible and couldn’t happen.

@J.R.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

Multiple things could be true.

* If Donovan was the only upgrade on this current roster, this team would still be far from title contention.
    * What's depressing is, Donovan's chance of coming here is likely slim. Stone only made the money part available, but the roster hasn't had enough glow-up, for stars to want to come here.
    Clutch reminded recently that when Rockets pursued Dwight and Chris Paul pre-Harden, they didn't want to come, wasn't until after Harden became a superstar that they were willing. Need that first star to be that magnet.

#18 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 11, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    Richie_Rich, Williamson and jim1961 like this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Are you new here?

20. prs325

prs325 Member

We have an appreciating asset in Cam Whitmore though

shakes05 likes this.