1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Raptors loss: "It's Game 51. We have to see some growth"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2024.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Green is on thin ice imo, his selfish play only works when he is scoring, which happens maybe 1 in 3 games at best.

2. a time to chill

I was really shocked that the Steven Adams trade was the only move before the deadline. When that trade happened, most media were saying that it didn't mean that Stone was done. Then the deadline passed without any help being brought in for this season. I wonder how the Fertittas feel about that. Fertitta said he expected to win this season.

3. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

There’s no getting around the fact that the team can’t shoot. I really thought they’d find a way to address that before the trade deadline, but i guess no one was available at a reasonable price. I’d be thrilled if they managed to get Joe Harris and gave him sufficient minutes. That would go a long way in curbing the disappointment.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Aaron Holiday playing 31 minutes tonight and Uncle Jeff playing 27 is really indicative of our roster issues right now--it's why I really wanted Stone to at least make some marginal moves for a bench shooter and/or big man.

Either give Ime some options or get rid of the third-string-caliber veterans for picks, free up minutes for player development, and embrace another lost season. Standing pat is just... weird.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Reported to @OS_trigonum for reporting purposes.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maybe Ime should give Carroll Dawson some more DNP-CD's

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Aaron Star and Uncle Savior.

8. Nook

Nook Member

They knew that Fred has been playing a lot of minutes and had injury issues. They also knew a rookie point guard would not lead to many wins. There were players they could have gotten to run the point and choose not to. I understand wanting to get Cam and Amen 20-25 minutes a night but they could have balanced it and Stone decided not too. Maybe long term it’s the right decision but it isn’t this year… also the man **** out second rounders and now all of a sudden he turns the tap off.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I've already got my 2024 Houston Rockets Play-In jersey ready to go. We just have to go 22-9 the rest of the way, baby!

ramotadab and daywalker02 like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Most had this as a 33-36 win team, they seem about that so I'm not worried too much about tonights L.

I think what's frustrating is on offense they really have no identity. Starters came out lazy and playing ME ball, I feel IME on that, you'd think they'd have learned their lesson that this doesn't work but I guess not.

I don't think the early success should be forgotten or as some fluke, should be looked back at what they can be and try to figure out why they play so much better at home than on the road.

They do need a lot more bench depth but we've known that for a while really

11. maypk

maypk Member

Aaron Holiday having more touches and freedom than Alpi on the offensive end made me chuckle all night.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

FVV or not - they're still losing to actively tanking teams who are barely even trying

That's bad ime and Rafa

Bad!

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

ehh Amen is only on game 20 something

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

When I tell you guys Jalen needs to ditch the jumper you don't listen to me. That thing will come and go like every other mediocre mid range shooter and it will take years to make it deadly. Serious teams can't give you rhythm shots (aka mostly misses) just so that you can START helping the team and then still it's 50-50 if it will even work lol.

That dude is too confident in his mid range and above the break 3pters I really need the coaching staff to put a leash on that. Jalen has to learn that his career is at a point where he can't rely on whether a jumper falls on each given night. Time to take matters into his own hands more. I need Jalen to understand that he has to make more shots where his hands are within 1 foot of the basket - you make your FG's consistent by using more of the shots you have control over. Jumpers have more variance and midrange jumpers have no upside variance because there's no FT's. This dude should be driving to the rim hard (even if he's missing there) for FT's or a kick out. If that's not available a corner 3 or a wide open catch and shoot 3. If that's not available, move the damn ball. 2 rebounds and 1 assist in 22 minutes with FVV not playing is a joke. Same for Cam btw who sucked at everything but scoring (3 rebounds and 1 assist in 17 minutes, worst +/- of 5 bench players).

I support benching Alpi and Green 100% but if you're going to bench Alpi you gotta have a better backup than Jeff Green. This was an easy win, very disappointed in the team.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That is some bullshit defense. Teammates need to step up.

Take notes Ime.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sengun's man beats him. That's fine - it happens to every single person in the league.

I know this post is meant to show Sengun in a negative light, except to anyone understanding what they're watching defensively, it shows Jalen and Brooks in a negative light.

That was f*cking pathetic x2. Not one of them attempted to help their teammate.

So Sengun gets flamed when he switches onto other players' man to help them out and they happen to score.

But then Sengun also gets flamed when zero teammates help him out.

It is quite obvious so many people don't even understand the defensive side of the ball.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What could he be doing better? It’s an honest serious question I am asking; no snark

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

His rotations at times are absolutely terrible, this is the main gripe.

But then allowing Holiday to have more offensive freedom then other players when he's in the game, is kind of terrible.

I said in another post I'm keen to see how he coaches when Green is traded, I'm acknowledging terrible decisions on one hand but then on the other hand thinking we're still living in the 'GM dictating certain things' era.

evo8lover and zeeshan2 like this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

0 help defense is unacceptable. Give up the swing to the 3, but the wide open layup.This is why we need Tari back.

Mathloom and Downtown Sniper like this.
  20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Not true, Fred and Dillion were starting on playoff teams and won playoff games, the problem with this team is Sengun is soft physically, Jalen is soft mentally and Amen and Cam are learning each day. Stone needs to trade Jalen, do not give Sengun the big contract and get more shooters