1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 23-24 Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets went into the trade deadline without a backup center and without a starting caliber SG.

They exit the trade deadline without a backup center and with no starting caliber SG..... but we still have Tate.

This team is fundamentally unserious when it comes to building a winning team either in the short term or long term.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We got Steve Adams for nothing. He is the perfect back-up center next year when we dump Landale's contract. Jabari is SF/PF not a center. Certainly not until he puts on another 20-25 pounds, which won't happen in one off-season.

BigMaloe, Rashmon, Dobbizzle and 5 others like this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not making a deal doesn’t really bother me. Unless Stone left something nice on the table, I really don’t care.

Let’s get these young guys playing and see how they grow, or not…

Could have used some interior D and rebounding but it’s not the end of the world.

Rashmon and saleem like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Over your head. There are no phases and sucks for us but Stone will find out soon enough.

5. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

They aren’t serious about building a winning team if their hope is that a star comes available.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Most teams were queuing up to give us a starting caliber SG and/or a backup big in exchange for Tate. I can't believe we blew it!

BigMaloe, gotsis, pmac and 5 others like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I've gotta apologize for the inadvertent diss. Totally confused your moniker with @Imanimal, who actually deserves it.

Dobbizzle and ipaman like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Haha! That's a good one.

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I said somewhere else, I don’t think standing pat is the worst thing in the world. We have the Brooklyn pick, which should be somewhere between #6-10. If we let Landale, Tate and Green walk this summer, we should have nearly $20m to spend in free agency.

My biggest fear is that Stone will proclaim the contracts of Tate and Landale to be very team friendly and valuable, so he will pick up their options. The fanbase will take this to mean that they will be important for facilitating trades. Then we will go through this entire scenario again next year and come up with nothing again.

Stone is alright at maneuvering on draft night, but he appears to be completely lost when it comes to trading players, despite doing this sort of thing since he was in diapers.

BigMaloe, vince, fryjol7 and 3 others like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make...

Corrosion likes this.
  12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I think Ime wanted to keep Tate as another players who he can count on to bust his ass and set culture on the court. Rockets have been inconsistent in maintaining defensive culture and toughness, and that’s not ok with Ime

Corrosion likes this.
  13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If a deal wasn't there, it wasn't there. The team as constructed can compete for a play-in spot. We're seeing signs of good things from all the young guys (even Jalen sometimes). That's all we could really ask for going into the season

BigMaloe, Williamson, vince and 2 others like this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If that is the worst thing Stone can do, he might rival Presti.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We really need a backup center

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets have to have a plan for backup at the center spot.

I understand fans are going to feel some type of way, but at least give the players on the team the impression you care about helping them maximize their ability this season.

I smell another tank job coming. Trying to keep that lotto pick away from okc.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I swear, if he gets any minutes over Amen or Cam once Tari gets back I'm gonna flip my sh*t

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

ESPN is crying cause there was no Lakers trade for them to write 30 stupid articles and waste hours and hours of TV talking about. Now they have to make up **** with buyouts to keep the lights on.

BigMaloe, topfive and OremLK like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean I don't think this is actually being made up

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

*Deleted a brainfart. Hey, it happens.*

#520 topfive, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024