1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Everything is on Sengun defensively it seems lol Thats not how defense works. Its not all on him defense is a team effort. The same guys shooting 1 for a billion on offense also suck on perimeter defense and allow their men to get to the rim where Sengun has to look out for his man and the guy they are letting run at him. Getting tired of him being blamed for it.

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

How is playing a rookie 21 minutes per game “not letting him play”? He played.

#882 Newlin, Feb 4, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    gfab-babyboi likes this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He is not get off your bullshit. the other two guys have been in the league for years and still do it. Cam is a rookie trying to prove himself.

4. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Man… if you don’t…. His role is to score! Only flat out scorer we have. He will be our best player by the end of next year. And who the hell was he supposed to pass to tonight anyway? FFS

HD729 likes this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jabari has had some awful games this season and I have rarely if ever criticized him after early in the season. That’s because on the whole he has really improved and I actually like him quite a lot. But I like him as an elite role player (eventually), like I’ve said. Now if I had the expectation of an allstar or better player, trust me I would be criticizing him a whole lot more, because players with allstar potential don’t ever look like how he looks on nights like tonight in their second year in the league.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen and Sengun are expendable. Jalen is too inconsistent and Sengun is too short and doesn't offer any defense.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yeah, Jabari literally can't play against size. Udoka had to play uncle Jeff on Towns tonight. He's also one of these shooters who can't shoot. I think now is the time to flip him while he still has value. Like you said, we need shooting!!!

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Sengun? I think no one should take you seriously from here on out.

Downtown Sniper, Antares and albuster like this.
  9. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Lob threats are old game due to how athletic guards are but with midget Fred as PG he cannot contest lob or tip away when he gets switched. If Amen was getting switched he could easily recover and force tougher catch for the lob catcher.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Green yes. Sengun no. His defense is getting better. He isn't a good rim protector right now but he definitely isn't expendable. He's too much of an offensive talent.

Antares likes this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Sengun defense is ok, we need a power forward who can protect him, we need a power forward to block shots and rebound…we do not need JABARI…Sengun is almost a ALL STAR

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

All stats point to Sengun being a good defender. Again the issue is he cant do it all himself. Jalen Green and FVV cant defend good players its been evident since day one Fred is too small and Jalen is a twig. Sengun aint Ben Wallace but he's not the reason our defense sucks at times either.

Antares and albuster like this.
  13. Umut

Umut Member

I didn't say anything bad, I think Cam is a kid with all star potential, but he should look around a little more.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You said youve never seen someone more selfish which is a lie given who we used to have on this team lol

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He called this out in the press conference.

Roomba and Umut like this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Calvin is saying what I've been saying all along, this team first has to STOP somebody!!

You can't stop somebody if your CENTER is not playing defense!!

This team can not shoot but they can get.out and run. Amen, Cam, Jalen, Jabari, Brooks are all RUNNERS.

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We have the making of a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM….we are putting things together….we should not waste our time with Jalen and Brooklyn picks…we need to move and start giving Jabari the SIDE EYE….

[​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a goon with a goon's mindset.....

The team is flawed that is why everyone looks bad.......on a good team normally a goon would not be asked to pass that much....

Only if nothing works......you ask him to be more of a passer.

For now he is just a microwave scorer.....who had a below average shooting night.

But he was actually one of the only ones making shots in the 3rd Quarter when everything went to shet.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Guys

The Rockets need to decide what type of team they want to be. They can't shoot, they can't play good half court offense, they have to play DEFENSE AND RUN.

Just like Calvin Murphy just said on the Postgame Show, its time for them to decide what type of team they want to be. Jalen is SOFT but he is at his best when he is running. Sengun is best when he is in the half court, pick and rolls and when he setup around the basket. ONE OF THEM HAS TO GO!

However, Amen wants to run, Cam wants to run, Jabari wants to run, Tari wants to run....SO WHAT DO YOU DO?

And to run, you must first have a DEFENSIVE CENTER, to block shots and play defense.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Jalen couldnt make a bucket to save his life tonight, but i like the chemistry shown with Sengun and some of his passes looked really good.

Sengun, tbh this entire team, really struggleas with lengthy and tall teams. Gobert is still an amazing rim protector and defender.

Jabari was not good.

Cam wasnt great either but at least he started to get going late.

Against a team like Minnesota who packs the paint soooo much, you have to rely on hitting outside shots to open the paint. And well, everyone knows how terrible our ahooting as a team is.

None the less, its a loss against the #1 defense and a legit title contender. Not too upset.

sirjesse likes this.