1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Some people incorrectly think that the league is a guards league

Lloyd Estacio and cml750 like this.
  2. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Sometimes you just have to fold your hand. In poker, at the end of the night, the winner is the one who knew when to hold'em and when to fold'em.

By your logic, if you can call it that, we should ride him until his value goes up. What if it never goes up? What then? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

3. OpportunityCost

I think he'll be traded.

cml750 likes this.
  4. OpportunityCost

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's 21. Young players struggle and are inconsistent. Every good player in the entire NBA struggled at age 21 against much more experienced NBA players.

6. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I'm still down on Green but I'm feeling somewhat hopeful. But I agree with you, he did not have a bad game against the Raptors. To me, this adds on to the number of solid to very good games he's had In a row.

Go Rockets

7. Ancient Moabite

That is why I asked you to send me the lotto numbers because its not hard to predict from your lens

Cam is playing microwave Melo role with explosion / power like Barkley.....

If Ime wants Cam to eat into Green minutes then it will be based on Green shooting like December %, if Green keeps playing like recent, then you will be seeing a lot of Cam/Green together running and wrecking shop

Everybody is shopped at some point, some sooner and some later

Whats hard to predict is growth phase of guards who come straight out of high school

Pretty sure Udoka signed on to coach the lotto picks for more than 40 games, but who knows(besides you)

C'mon Sway...... You got the answer

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

3 years in and we have a abundance of young talent & great coach. The results from Stone are right in front of you

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Rockets would be dumb to let a good 6 game stretch fool them into believing Jalen Green is untouchable.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Serious question, when did it become a weird fan thing to support the best player on the Rockets?

cml750 and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, a talented big who can hit the 3pt, mid - range and big enough to deter opponents from driving in the lane

34to11 likes this.
  12. Big B

Big B Member

Seems to me the issue with Green is he’s a free agent after next year. It only takes one desperate team to offer stupid money. I’d rather have a proven player like Bridges or get someone on a longer rookie deal. Maybe someone like Brandon Miller as an example.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Dude, Green can jump high. Of course his ceiling is higher!!!!

BamBam likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Clown show. You're absolutely right. You're looking in a mirror as you said that, I assume.

Because someone who compares Jalen's 1st and 2nd season points per game - when he was allowed to do whatever he wanted with all the minutes he wanted VS a guy coming off the bench in limited minutes..... that's a comedy bit right there.

BamBam and cml750 like this.
  15. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Guy coming off the bench to play against 2nd units, but let's compare that to the guy primary defenses plan for. You can tell.pretty easily who here has never bounced a ball in his life.

Carpe82 likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Defences plan for Jalen Green?

That's the first I'm ever hearing of that.

Tell us more. Can you find the evidence of this? Funny, because whenever there's clips from other teams, yeah they do mention they watch film and game plan for someone, but it isn't the shooting guard who can't shoot.

Defences plan for a:

*insert literally any of the numerous horrid statistical categories that was recently posted about how negative Jalen Green is to the team

You can tell pretty easily who here has never bounced a ball in his life.

PS: Defences planned for the nutjob previously by the way.

cml750 likes this.
  17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

But, yet...last year many would have done exactly that with Sengun. Keep that in mind.

18. AuburnRocket

Don't think so...barring a really outstanding trade. We are not trading him otherwise IMO. He's not the best player on our team, nor is he necessarily a future superstar BUT, we don't need to do any knee jerk, panicy move here.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And they were dumb then too

cml750 and Snow Villiers like this.
  20. AuburnRocket

Heaping dumb on top of dumb is not a good take for sure.

cmoak1982 likes this.