1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

And Cam can play 3

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Kinda sad dude--you're letting your own hangups over shallow surface things diminish your enjoyment of a sport and team you presumably like a lot (you made an account here after all)

I don't know if Jalen is going to be a long-term fixture of the Rockets, but I do know I couldn't care less whether he paints his nails or what hairstyle he chooses. Part of being American for me is accepting that other people can have different cultural preferences from my own, and that's totally fine.

Bo6, BigMaloe, Dobbizzle and 5 others like this.
  3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Unfortunately, that part of being American - the part that truly Made America Great - is dead for much of the country. Now grown men care deeply about what other grown men do with their fingernails.

Bo6, BigMaloe, Mathloom and 2 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Has nothing to do with only America really, but yes, if you are in the public eye, not many people would understand it unless the regular Joe researches why he does it......

I think it is the total package though of slim figure, Afro hair, momma's boy, dry humping Jaygup, spending too much time at the Fashion Weeks (although people getting used to all the other athletes doing that)

Cannot talk clearly like a regular person.....

Couple that with the fact that he is so inconsistent at basketball itself.

It all adds up to this public figure that is not looking like a conventional role model or a consistent basketballer.

#524 daywalker02, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  5. kpdark

kpdark Member

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen has looked fantastic for how many games now? He looks like a different player! Crazy… Keep it up JG!

Bo6, jcmoon, Mathloom and 5 others like this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jalen has looked a lot better than he did for most of the season, I think Cam leans more towards sg than sf. I think at sg he has a pronounced advantage with his size and athleticism. Regarding jalen, i said hes playing better and hes had some great plays but overall im still not seeing it unless his three point shot comes around or he gets to the lone a lot more. Cam has still been a more efficient scorer because he makes threes. Like last night Jalen took 14 shots to score 14 pts. The only other player with that type of efficiency was Dillon Brooks.

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He really has. He's started to figure out that he shouldn't be doing the slowing down in the lane **** Fred does and should be doing the "holy ****, he's fast" stuff that Maxey does.

Mathloom, RudyTBag and jcmoon like this.
  9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Have to call you on Afro hair. I don't even know what that entails. Jalen is Filipino as far as I know. Fashion week isn't a big deal nor being close with his mom. He doesn't speak well in interviews but a lot of people don't.

Let's see if he's turning the corner

anthony59237 and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

All i got to say is that if 21 year old Jalen Green is our biggest concern right now, good times are coming fellas!

I'd like to see them move Jalen to sixth man so we can lower his value in Restricted Free agency. This would be the smart move by management. Make Cam the starter. Lock up Jalen at 20 million a year. This way we can keep all six.

anthony59237 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes and he is 50% Afro American black so he rocked an Afro before.

Ok, he has had his hair like a female Afro.

It's not a big deal otherwise just draws the overall picture of someone who is not really a dawg.
    [​IMG]

#531 daywalker02, Feb 3, 2024
    GOATuve likes this.
  12. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Fair enough. We'll see if he has it in him

Good looking woman btw

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Jalen had another good game, and didnt even have to play the 4th. He but didnt shoot well from 3 tho so the Jaters are out here trying to pounce.

Ugly behavior from the lot.

14. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

In for Jalen's All star break glow up

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last person I heard say “Afro American” was Michael Richards…
    Calling black folks spades too. Starting to seem like you are doing this on purpose.
    Listing “Afro hair” as If it is a bad thing is bonkers.

#535 RudyTBag, Feb 3, 2024
    BigMaloe, Bo6, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  16. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Green gets criticized for his shot selection and that he didn't do much of else, but you're here praising Cam for having only one goal in his game: shoot every ball he touches, no matter from where and who's guarding you.

Kid's great but he's still got a long way to go.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  17. StrouDaWay

StrouDaWay Member

18. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

So….how long did it take SGA to be the player that he is today?

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

SGA in his 3rd year was 24/5/6 and 2 stocks on 50/40/80 shooting split.
    Green in his 3rd year till now is 18/5/3 and 1 stock on 42/32/82 shooting split.

I really don't think you want to bring up SGA if you're trying to discuss Jalen's future.

20. StroudAndYorDaddy

thats miami, and wade wasnt behaving like that until after he retired

if cj stroud, james harden or yordan alvarez started that kind of behavior i would drop them as well. Its my decision