1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Man if the rockets give away all their assets for bridges that would be depressing. He’s a nice player but not worth anywhere close to that, plus he’s only valuable for 2 more years and we’re not competing in the next 2 years (if we trade for bridges but most likely regardless)

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Lavine.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I would do something like jalen and expiring contracts for lavine and 2 firsts

4. TimDuncanDonaut

5. dmoneybangbang

Seems pretty vague on details.... which picks? Which rookies are we giving up?

The Nets do make sense as a trading partner, but it would seem the Rockets didn't make their best offer.

6. Landry's Tooth

https://stathead.com/basketball/ver...urce=bbr&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=bridgmi01

Basketball Reference says Bridges is nearly twice as high. It's comparing careers though. Are you just looking at this half a season?

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

They likely think they can be a team that gets the star to make them competitive.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

9. Landry's Tooth

Not touching zion's knees. JJJ is fair, I just think wings age better. Rim protection versus lock down perimeter... both highly needed.

Ingram is empty stats. Bridges has him beat in almost every analytic (vorp, ws, bpm, etc.). Bridges is also more efficient at scoring having higher efg, ts, ft%, and 3pt%. Ingram is nothing special on defense.

I can live with giving 5 shots to a different player and getting less scoring out of Bridges. Not sure if you want Ingram taking top defensive assignments....

Corrosion and lionaire like this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

Current play is relevant, but it is a small sample.

I think there's bias against Bridges because his value is greater on defense which is more abstract.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!!?!??!

12. cml750

cml750 Member

First let me say, I do not like any deals giving up multiple Nets picks. That being said, I have to think if the Rockets did offer that the Nets are just playing hard ball to get them to up the offer with the traded deadline still a few days away. That gives them time to see how they do with Simmons in the mix plus it gives time for teams wanting Bridges to sweeten the offer. Personally I would give up no more than one of those picks along with the expiring contracts and Jalen Green for Bridges.

Easy likes this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I watch a lot of Brooklyn games and his impact ondefense is overstated because that Brooklyn team is full of solid defenders(DFS, Hood, Bridges, Claxton, Dinwiddie) and they stay getting blown out. His defense is much better than Green but the impact. Hes not a bucket. That’s the issue with the Nets. They go through these terrible scoring droughts and don’t have anybody to really snap them out of it unless Thomas is coookin. But it’s rarely Bridges that can stop the bleeding

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude they reportedly refused 4 first rounders last year I think from the grizzlies. Anyway call me crazy but I am not trading Jalen and those two picks for mikal. Dude doesn’t move the needle and honestly he’s not that young either. If the nets are willing to give him up, what does that say about mikal?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lauri is not worth it either. He's not a 2 way player.

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

a 27-year-old Bridges is not worth 2 picks + Jalen. The Nets have inflated Bridges's worth to a level that no one can cross.

Little Bit and Plowman like this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

Ok, but he was a defensive player of the year finalist on the suns with Ayton and Booker. He was all their defense.

He's more of a spot up shooter than creator. Think Shane Battier or PJ Tucker on steroids.

That's very useful when you have a big like Sengun with excellent vision.

Think Kenny Smith shooting better from 3 than Steph Curry because of the looks Hakeem got him.

18. Landry's Tooth

And if the nets won't give him up for 4 firsts what does that say?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Nets want older players, that should be abundantly clear when they signed 35 yr old KG, Pierce and then the Harden (trade) Irving KD trio.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao that is why they rarely leak out news, because of the backlash it would get from the fanbase.