1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Jorge M Gutierrez

:rolleyes:

2. Nook

Nook Member

Where did I say KPJ was going to jail?

As for KPJ putting his hands on Lucas, he shouldn’t do that but that is between Lucas and Porter. My understanding is Lucas let KPJ know exactly how he felt about it. While players and coaches getting physical is uncommon now (it used to be fairly common), it has happened before. Honestly, Porter leaving the game and driving away at halftime was a bigger issue.

Porter has a lengthy track record of lacking self control that has only escalated overtime and now every single team he has been on since AAU has suspended him, kicked him off the team or quietly asked him to not return.

Anything is possible but I suspect KPJ may have to play overseas for awhile and avoid trouble if he wants to be in the league.

Bridges is back in the NBA after a worse domestic violence incident but he missed a year I believe and he was a lot better player than Porter and had no other off the court issues.

I won’t feel bad for Porter if he never makes it back to the NBA because he has had a lot of opportunities and is a bad person at this point in his life. If he does get to come back I hope he learns from his mistakes.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Porter has yet to provide a good season of meaningful basketball and not just stats.....

He is in a sense way behind Jalen Green even, and that is saying a lot.

This dumb shet he pulled in New York will throw him back years in terms of honing your craft.....
    Should have never listened to Kysre and let her go alone to her fashion week......
    What is most important for a baller? Guessed right, playing meaningful Basketball!

Nook likes this.
  4. vince

vince Member

Porter has a history of psychological problems. He has been described as showing unhinged aggressive behavior. His temper contributed to him falling in the draft, and Cleveland giving him away; because talent wise, he is very talented. But he’s a hard head, and won’t listen, as he is too alpha and stubborn for his own good.

Perhaps what happened in New York was a wake up call. But it does not seem that there is enough evidence to secure a conviction, even in very liberal New York, who still are strong with believe all women. Because it seems that this will all be swept under the rug soon.

Kevin Porter Jr. should be playing in a professional basketball league somewhere, it could be in the NBA, Europe, China? Maybe after this wake-up call, let’s him know that with his short fuse, maybe he needs to focus strictly on basketball and leave the extracurricular activities to those folks that can tolerate stressful situations without resorting to violence.

Yet one thing is certain, I am very glad that his influence on Green starts to dwindle. I got the impression that KPJ was like big brother to little brother Green type. As much swagger as KPJ had, you’d figure he was a 30 year old veteran. And we are starting to see Green take over games like a boss and a potential future MVP caliber player.

5. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Hopefully this is satire

groovemachine and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is his right but I feel I wasted enough head space and time on this fella.

If he succeeds, then it is his thing alone......

7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't think he will.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty damning stuff for the KPJ crowd. KJ Martin was feeding all the intel to Pops, 100%.

GOATuve, clos4life and kubli9 like this.
  9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He says it was "just one trouble maker" last season without saying KPJ by name, but we all know that's who is he talking about.

10. CertifiedTroll

Maybe the trouble maker was John Lucas. I haven't seen his name much this season.

JK

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Same team LOL, what a moron

harold bingo likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Clearly FVV, Brooks and Uncle Jeff change dynamics, but he is only arguing that Ime would have helped them win more games. Sil@ss sucked and KPJ was an anchor on this team.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya maybe we win 23-24 instead of 22 but we would still have been garbage

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

I think closer to 30 with many more close games instead of blowouts by halftime but that's just my opinion.

15. CertifiedTroll

Yes, that was Kenyon's point. The team would stink but Ime would have done a better job.

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

30 games? we had no good starters last year. Our pg was horrid, our sg was horrid, our pf was horrid, our center was decent. I think winning 22 last year was pretty solid, and MAYBE ime can squeeze an extra game or two but idk

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Removing Sil@ss by itself would have given us 5 more wins and KPJ the other 3 but I'm certain you'll stick to your opinion as I will to mine.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Last years team had no good players. You cant win in the nba without good players.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Coaching scheme and using Sengun more would have given us extra wins. Like I said, it's fine that you think as you do, but I think having a real coach like Ime, featuring Sengun more instead of benching him and getting rid of KPJ would have netted us 8 more wins. But whatever, feel as you will.

RudyTBag and AroundTheWorld like this.