1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka on Jalen Green, Rockets second-half scoring explosion in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2024.

1. invocux

invocux Member

[​IMG]

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We are showcasing Green and Landale for a trade.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Pretty much. If he puts together a nice long stretch of games where these types of performances are more common than not (game's leading scorer on good efficiency) then I'll start to think he's turned a corner. I'm happy he played well for a couple of games, but I need to see more before I start buying in. Been too rough of a year for him...

Downtown Sniper and invocux like this.
  4. plegus

plegus Member

Yeah don’t fall into the Lawnfail trap, lure opponents. could easily be the most impactful trade of the year.

Patience likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

ZOMFG!!!! Green played good he's turning the corner!! We need to call out the people who critique he's really bad game aka haters!!!! JALEN GREEN HAD A GOOD GAME THIS MONTH!!!!!!

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Three good games in a row.

Only Houston Rockets fans could dream they could say the same thing happened with their starting SG.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m glad Jalen had a big scoring night, and that he rebounded well and found other ways to impact the game. I hope he keeps that up. We’ll see. But he still can’t shoot 3’s, which is a really big problem. 1-7 last night. Jalen is now shooting 31% from 3 on the year. The average for shooting guards is 37%

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think he has discovered a shot that will get his confidence going and that’s the stop and pop. If that shot becomes automatic then it will also help him get to the line more and draw more fouls at the rim. Think how much Chris Paul and Calvin Murphy counted on that shot.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Would be great if he turns out to be serviceable so we can keep that top 7 pick.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe it comes to a lack of strength. I noticed his shot was wet inside the 3 pt line but he was clanging shots just outside the line. Ben Sullivan should be all up his grill during off days.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He has a much better motion with his mid range shots than his three point shot. He takes a wind up on threes that I don’t see on his other shots. Amen does the same. I think it may be from muscle memory of when they were less strong. I think they are both strong enough now, but breaking down that muscle is very difficult, ask any golfer.

AlperenSengun, OremLK and Aruba77 like this.
  12. Aruba77

If Jalen can perfect this mid range and continue to get stronger through contact and finishing at the rim, he doesn’t have to be an elite 3pt shooter. I’ll be watching his mid range game intensely over the 2nd half of the season. I think his 3 ball shot is very damaged, but hopefully he can become an elite mid-range guy.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

That’s funny and been somewhat true, but I’ll repeat what I posted multiple times last week when Green was on a lot of people’s $&@“ lists and they were wanting to trade him for scraps….you gotta give him a chance and treat him like a rookie under Udoka’s tutelage because this is his first year being asked to play defense and not make stupid turnovers. He is having to relearn his whole game under a real coach and staff. It’ll not happen overnight, but we are beginning to see some results on the defensive end and less dumb turnovers (as Udoka takes him out when he starts making his low bb iq plays). I also reminded that he had a stretch last year of 6 30+ games in a row, so if we do trade him (if Udoka can’t fix the low bb iq problems) we must get something good in return because scorers who have 6 30+ games in a row do not fall out of trees and are not easy to get or replace with guys like Holliday, Amen, and Tate (who are all good, but don’t have that capacity of 25+ points nightly). Again, this isn’t a pro ra ra Green post, just stating that he usually gets better as the season goes on and has struggled big time because he’s being asked to do a 360 on reshaping his game. Because of the time and work to upgrade his defense and dumb turnovers, I’m not against trading the guy but they better get equal offensive value back or it will be a big hit to this team offensively as other than Alpi and Cam, we don’t have many pure scorers who can regularly get 25+ a game.

14. CertifiedTroll

I was noticing recently that I have never seen Jalen do a spin move. Either dribble spin or even really pivot with footwork.. I wonder if this is a real phenomenon or something that occurred to me in small sample size.

15. maypk

maypk Member

This might be the funniest Jalen excuse post I've ever read on CF. Why would anyone treat a 3rd year player like a rookie?

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

There’s no way we were ever trading the bkn pick for a backup big, only for a starting sg.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Landale has been a good player for a full season before, so at least we know that’s in there somewhere and there a chance he could return to that. We have watched Jalen for three years now, there’s no way in hell anyone with half a brain is being fooled anymore even if he does put together 3 good games in a row.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Problem is, if we're building around Alpi, we really need our wings to be able to knock down threes for that style of offense. That goes double if Amen eventually graduates into our starting point guard as we hope.

Aruba77 likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Honey Bader? Any relation to Ruth Ginsberg?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Aruba77

I agree. We badly need 3pt shooting. Im just trying to stay positive ;). Folks in this forum may not believe that some of us who are down on Jalen don’t personally “hate” anyone and are not rooting against him. I continue to believe he’s not the right fit here, but want to be supportive of any improvement that occurs.

jim1961 and OremLK like this.