1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think Portland wants a better FRP (if not 2 FRPs) and preferably not in this draft.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Clingan would be my 3rd choice behind the obvious Sarr who most likely goes #1 and Filipowski who has a chance to be on the board when the Nets pick comes up.

Filipowski is a legit 7 footer, 40% 3 point shooter that can play both big spots and can actually put the ball on the floor and drive / pass and is a decent defender. He's going to have a long career in the NBA just off his shooting alone.

Clingan is a giant and probably the better defender but doesn't have the shooting nor the ability to play both big spots.

Y2JT likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He shot a lot last year, but didn't make many if my memory serves. That's a big increase in %?

#1183 Joe Joe, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Detroit gets the 1st pick.

Trade Sarr, Cade Cunningham to the Rockets

for

Rockets 7th pick (and other Nets assets), Green, and Sengun

Cade
    Cam
    Amen
    Jabari
    Sarr

bench
    Eason

*you want defense now you got defense*

Ivey
    Green
    Ausar
    Draft pick/trade for player
    Sengun

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I proposed this sometime ago and thought that neither team would do it . But based on what’s happened , both teams might be more amenable to it

the framework

Jalen green for Desmond bane

I love bane . Strong defender , great shooter . “Limited upside” due to t-Rex arms . He’s undoubtedly a better player than green . Those of y’all who disagree can kick rocks .

Memphis does it because they are tanking and want the “upside” of green . Green and morant IS a very athletic backcourt .

rockets do it because bane will be under control , our cap will be limited but we can go over for our young guys . If we feel good about amen eventually playing the 1 then I like this a lot for us .

FVV truly becomes a rental because we won’t be able to keep him and bane and max from our young guys .

would love this trade . Idk how y’all feel about value . We prolly need to throw draft considerations to Memphis to get them to bite .

B-Bob likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

With that haul, it also means their picks would be top 3 for years to come.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Too much defense and length??

9. Houston77

Supporting Member

Sure. I don't want to trade our franchise player for one of the most inefficienct players in the league and a guy so is so one-dimensional that he has been benched by the worst team in the league.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think you need to read my post again. May have got some of the players mixed up. Unless you already know what Sarr has done in the nba.

11. Houston77

Supporting Member

I did get a few confused, but let me be clear -- here are the players I would consider trading Sengun towards: Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Luka, Tatum, Shai, Ant. I might consider Booker or Haliburton. But that's it. I have no interest in downgrading just for a better draft pick, especially when it's for a terribly inefficient chucker like Cade.

#1191 Houston77, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  12. CertifiedTroll

I could agree to this depending on the draft capital required. I still consider the upside of Green to be an asset.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would love to get Bane, he'd actually be a great fit next to Alpi, but I don't think Memphis would trade him, even if we include picks. I think they're just going to get everybody healthy for next season and mostly stand pat. Would love to be proven wrong.

14. prs325

prs325 Member

If we draft 2 of Sarr, Filipowski, Ware, and/or Edey I would be considered it a success
    Sarr is not a unanimous a pick, between 1-4 on some projections
    If we stay between 8-11 Filipowski may be available
    Ware and/or Edey may slide to the 2nd round which we have an abundance of
    I hope we dont trade our 1st

Little Bit likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

This is something I would do... messy but it works... unrealistic because most 4 team deals are...

To Celtics:
    Tate

To Knicks:
    Brogdon
    Landale

To Rockets:
    Hartenstein
    R Williams
    Grimes
    Mykhailiuk

To Blazers:
    Achiuwa
    Pritchard
    Flynn
    Oladipo
    Divincenzo
    Lottery protected #1 from Houston
    #2 From Celtics
    #2 from Knicks

Rockets get Grimes who adds shooting at the wing Jalen isn't providing. Hartenstein is backup 5 on expiring contract while Williams is out for the year. Then Williams becomes defensive backup rim runner behind Sengun moving forward. That's worth Tate and protected 1 to me.

Blazers convert Brogdon into Divincenzo, Pritchard, and 3 picks. They unload Williams long term money while having Ayton blocking him.

Knicks get a rumored target in Brogdon for Grimes, a second, Divincenzo, and a downgrade at backup 5.

Celtics pickup Tate for Pritchard and a second.

If knicks need more, I'm ok moving a second on their behalf.

For Rockets, it's moves around the edges to add more depth at the 2 and 5 in the long term.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basically the Knicks give up their Starting Center for a 4th Stringer in Jock Landale just to get Brogdon because their glut of guards is not enough.....

subtomic likes this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We dont need Williams and Hartenstein just one of the two would do.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Grimes & Robinson...

Landry's Tooth likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Outside of Topic I'm not huge on any of the top 8-9 prospects on this team this year.

Would be open to swapping that with the Dallas pick the Knicks have. That would put the Knicks in a better position to go "star" hunting before the trade deadline. Plus I really like a few guys that could be around that 17-19 spot (and hey, we've had good luck around there in the past).

Something like

Houston get: Grimes, Hartenstein, Dallas 24 FRP

New York get: Tate, Landale, Brooklyn 24 FRP

There's a lot of big man prospects projected around that spot, Houston look at Ware, Ivisic, Clingan (think he'll be gone) or Missi.

Knicks look at Dejounte or Mikal Bridges with that pick and their own assets.

Y2JT likes this.