1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Well, well said.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't be naive. Falsely accused people with enough wealth to hire good legal representation don't plead out to something they didn't do.

BamBam and GOATuve like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He at least shoved her, he shoved John Lucas and threw something at him in bright public......

His stans cannot deny that because people took notice......

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

False.

That's actually not what she said.

The first thing we heard from her end was a vague statement from her lawyers on her behalf saying that the reports were misleading. At this time when they could have cleared everything up, they just gave this vague statement and asked for privacy to be respected. Could have put this to bed pretty early and potentially saved Kevin a lot of turmoil if in fact he did "nothing".

About 1 whole month later after it was already in the process to get him off the team and out of the league she came out and said:

"He never balled his fists up and hit me. And he definitely didn't punch me in the face numerous times. That is a lie. I don't have any injuries to support that."

She never said he did not assault or abuse her in anyway. She never said he didn't hit her. The statement she DID give is strangely specific. Why not just say "Kevin never touched me or abused me in any way, the whole thing is ridiculous and I feel so bad that they are railroading a completely innocent man" ?

You said earlier that people that believe he is guilty of something want to believe that, are racist or don't like him.

I think you are the one ignoring the several red flags because you caped for him for so long that you refuse to think logically about this and how taking the stance that nothing happened is absolutely ludicrous.

#4244 xtruroyaltyx, Jan 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    BamBam, IvanLCPM, TheJet and 9 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So back to the financials, how many millions is he owed.....16?

It is still a lot for not going to work.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Still at my age I get extremely surprised of the sheer stupidity of some people I encounter. Especially online.

GOATuve, Richie_Rich and Believe It! like this.
  7. BreakYoSelfFool

Sounded like Christy Martin for a sec...Are we talking about USA Boxing now? Just kidding not trying to get too political.

I do think you statement sounds a little off target though. Third Degree Misdemeanor assault is the lowest level of assault and includes self-defense and unintentional actions. Throwing a drink or water in someone's face could be 3rd degree assault. I don't know if you can call someone who takes a plea deal for a misdemeanor a person who has confessed to beating their partner.

But maybe that is not your only proof, I personally don't follow the rumors or reports. I don't know if KPJ is guilty of more or less than he agreed to in a plea deal, but I know if they thought they could easily convict him of more they shouldn't have offered it. As far as KPJ as a person, there are plenty of red flags including this time, but I don't believe anyone is irredeemable. I was under 25 before and I'd hate for a misdemeanor I committed then to still be affecting my life after I'd already been punished.

Do you also agree with the statement "The NBA nor any sports league should employ a person who beats a person?" or is it just man on woman? For example does Brittney Grimes and her ex-wife both get cancelled for a physical altercation?

Also, how would you handle it if a woman attacks you? What if with a weapon?

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is hilarious, KPJ wasn't even that good. He was literally Jalen Green level bad his first three years until he finally showed some moderate improvement in year 4. We are doing just fine without him.

Richie_Rich and B-Bob like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Please keep the maga politics in the D&D forum.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think everyone is just focused on attempting to talk sense into DD since he is supporting a woman beater.

mfastx likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What red flags - please be specific with facts YOU can verify.

I know why Kyrse says and she was there, so if you have any verifiable information - that was not refuted by her, let's hear it.

Zero evidence of that.

Do you have the details about that - and assuming he did shove him what was it about? He wouldn't be the first or the last to confront a coach - and Lucas is hardly a saint. If that happened, he should have been dealt with right there and then.

Look, all I care about is FACTS, the only thing we for sure know is there was an argument, the police came and arrested him, and made up a bunch of bullshit to write on the report which was denied by his ex-girlfriend (Maybe for money, maybe because it didn't happen, we don't know) all we can do is take her word for it - the rest is conjecture.

And please - don't embarrass yourselves and use the word STANS KPJ had far more people hating on him than he had fans - many are in this thread and took a VICTORY lap when he was arrested....and now continue to pile on as some gross celebration - you are sad, if this is you.

You are the same types that asked Al Franken to resign over some pictures he did as a comedian - ridiculous over reaching - Facts matter....and only facts.....provable ones....not conjecture....or haterade.

The facts are - he will have zero record after this is over - just as I predicted.

DD

#4251 DaDakota, Jan 24, 2024
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Goes to show when u are so emotionally invested into a person u can outright ignore all the red flags and blindly support a person no matter how much u get ridicule.

Double d in his quest to defend kpj is behaving like how maga folks defend trump. Doubling down and mental gymnastics.

Oh but he move on from kpj. Laughable.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Fair, my eyes were kinda glazed over.

ElPigto likes this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

KPJ is some hill to die on.. ridiculous

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The funniest bit of this is imagining wealthy suburban DD talking like a SJW. "Brothers like me and Kevin get framed by the corrupt DA".

like in one of these comedy movies lol

#4255 AroundTheWorld, Jan 24, 2024
    Downtown Sniper likes this.
  16. DaDakota

Truth is truth. Facts matter.

Not once did I say "Brothers like me" - I can be empathetic to the fact that it is happening and you can callously make fun of it in your D&D threads about Oakland but not surprised you lack that empathetic disposition.

DD

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What? Who said anything about religion?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

looks like you edited your post

I am on a plane over the atlantic...takes minutes to load a page or edit or make a post.

19. DaDakota

Your comment about SJW also can mean "Single Jewish Woman" I looked it up afterwards and realized you meant it as Social Justice Warrior so I immediately removed it.....

Which is why it isn't there.

DD

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

First, you keep saying that this is over. It's not. First, Kevin has to keep his head on straight for the duration of his "sentence". We've seen that going prolonged periods of time and staying on the straight and narrow is a struggle for him. This isn't over until he does that and it's officially expunged. Second, what happens legally doesn't have anything to do with the court of public opinion or even more important the opinion of the league.

Now to address your specific question above, here are just SOME of the red flags:

- Someone called the cops based on something that happened in a hotel room where only two people were present. They didn't just appear out of thin air

- Kevin has a history of blowing up and resorting to violence. And these are just instances that happened that we were made aware of. Who knows what he's done that didn't make it to the public light.

- Kysre sustained some type of injury or something happened to where she did not refuse to go to the hospital to be examined

- Her sister publicly threatened KPJ because of this incident. Now I've heard what you said before that she followed media reports like everyone else. That is pretty silly. Think about it, if you saw on tv or heard on social media that something happened to a loved one that you are close with you're not going to IMMEDIATELY reach out to them and find out what's going on? You're going to instead go to social media before verifying with someone you have a direct contact for? That makes 0 sense and you know it.

- Victims often recant stories; especially when the case is high profile and/or there are large sums of money involved

- They broke up right after this incident

- In her statements she never said he didn't abuse her in anyway.

- She waited almost two months after the incident to say anything at all, meanwhile Kevin's career and potentially his freedom were being threatened.

Now lets talk about how she described the actual event:

- She said he came in smelling like alcohol, "very adamant" about talking to her, tried to wake her up, she was 'hazy', and tried to stand up on the bed. (Now first of all, who gets woken up and in their sleepy haze tries to stand up on the bed?) She then said she fell and hit her head on the wall and that's where the injury came from. After she hit her head she saw blood and ran out of the room after the security guard. Really? you actually believe she fell and hit her head and then runs and flags down the security guard when her supposed BF is standing right there to help her and comfort her? She runs past him and flags down a stranger instead.

Anyways, she gets to the guard and apparently instead of explaining that she fell and hit her head and that being the end of it, the cops get called. The cops get there, and instead of saying she fell and hit her head. KPJ gets arrested and she goes to the hospital. The news reports all come out about the incident and instead of immediately shutting that down because her BF was about to have everything taken from him she breaks up with him and then 2 months later comes out and says "Yeah, I fell and hit my head"...

Yeah, ok.

#4260 xtruroyaltyx, Jan 24, 2024
    BamBam, TheJet, Tmac1Yao11 and 4 others like this.