1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Orlando Magic Sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vegaspauli, Sep 3, 2004.

1. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

Cuttino, Stevie & Kelvin hangin' at Gillian's in Las Vegas yesterday afternoon bowling! I said "Hello" to all of them individually & thanked them for thier efforts in Houston: all three were nice. All playing on different lanes then each other with the rest of the Magic (incl. Grant Hill & Hedu Turkaglu [sp?]) so it looks like they're integrating well with thier new team.....Cat had a little bit of a limp going; don't know what's up with that; also, he was cracking his "team" up the whole time: he even called me a "Playa...." I wished them all the best for the upcoming season and told them I'd miss seeing them on the Rockets: everyone was cool. Just wanted to share....:D

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How did Grant Hill look? I am curious to see if he can come back.

DD

3. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

G. Hill looked good: he wasn't bowling, but was wearing low socks & shoes and his ankle looked fine: He seemed to be moving well and enjoying himself. Didn't have the heart to ask him how his ankle was feeling, but I did say "hello."

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

G. Hill is the player to admire:

Only played a few seasons, making millions now w/ an injury, married to fiiiinnnnee Tamia, and just chillin'....w/o a care in the world.

5. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

He's also the player that kind of broke the silence when the trade went down by saying he was looking forward to playing with Steve which I thought was classy....

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I met and talked with Grant's dad in Dallas years ago. His dad is a super person and so is Grant.

7. Sane

Sane Member

Grant has been working out regularly and he was quoted as saying he's pain-free, and that he is more worried about Garrity's anke than his own.

I think he'll make a comeback, but obviousy, he won't be super. Anything would be nice for him at this point.

8. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

That's great to hear. He's been one of the few Duke players that I liked. It'd be nice to see how much he can go this season.

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Am I the only one that thinks Grant Hill spending time at a bowling alley isn't a good idea. Especially when he's in the company of Stone Hands Cato.

"Opps. Sorry about your foot, Grant."

10. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

They were sitting across from each other: perhaps G. Hill had already gotten a heads up:)

11. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Cuttino was just at the Comets game Wednesday night, he must like to travel back and fouth. Im sure all of them will be coming back before the real "Frances" arrives. I just hope the hurricane leaves with as little damage as possible.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Damn, I just got back from Vegas where I stayed down the street from Jillian's.

The only people I ran into were Ron Jeremy and Kendra(sp?) Jade at the FBI Fingerprinting Office.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

So they are in Vegas for the Adult Cabaret convention (ie strip bar owners convention) interesting information here.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah, the convention is this week if I remember correctly. Ron and Kendra were there doing a promotion at Treasures on Thursday, but didn't stay for the convention.