1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Sengun in a trade if it gets you Embiid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

?

Would you include Sengun in a trade if it gets you Embiid?

1. Yes.

2. Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No, it was for hlmbasketball.

I still think no.

Agree to disagree :)

2. TimDuncanDonaut

There's what we fans might think vs what we think our GMs will actually do.

If Stone says no to Embid. I mean at the very least... Tillman would zoom meeting Patrick and Rafael from his fancy yacht, and ask Stone to explain himself.

If there was ever an event that could accelerate an end to Stone's tenure, that'd be it.

Jalen for Embid
    Sengun for Embid
    Bari for Embid.

Would all go down. The NO scenario would be when Daryl ask for multiple: 2-4 of our young guys where Stone would buckle and say No.

#82 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  3. cumutk

cumutk Member

4. cumutk

cumutk Member

Only Jokic..

5. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Nope . He always hurt and I am embracing this rebuild . Everyone else should too

roslolian, cml750 and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If you have a guy like Erling Haaland but weak goaltending and defense, spend your assets to improve the latter instead of trying to bring in Messi to replace Haaland.

AroundTheWorld and kokozo like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe, but EVEN Tilman shouldn't be dumb enough to hitch his wagon to a perennially injured guy who flames out in the playoffs the way he does. Theoretically, Embiid is far better than our growing pseudo-stars. Practically, it's not worth the gamble. If it doesn't pay off the Rockets are looking at another rebuild potentially in 2 years. We aren't even done with this one yet.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Excellent example.

9. StroudAndYorDaddy

76% if fans here must enjoy losing

sengun will NEVER be as good as current embiid.. sell high

10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It is very interesting that 'jokic cannot win a championship' is considered a valid argument but 'embiid cannot win a championship' is never mentioned, although it is a fact. Or it is hard to build around Jokic, but not embiid. It is actually easier to optimize jokic while optimizing the team, than to optimize embiid while optimizing the team. Embiid is easier to optimize as a player himself, but not easy to pull the whole team up while doing that.

Gergin likes this.
  11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

So the Sengun Fans only believe in him !!!
    Never mind the Houston Rockets,
    Never mind a run for the Championship!
    All the Sengun Fans should be eliminated by Clutch !/After the trade we would then start all over again! Y

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sengun is going to surpass Yao Ming in every statistical category and in the Rockets pantheon of greats. Cry moar.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone should say no and explain himself. As good as Embiid is he isn't gonna solo Minny, Celtics, Nuggs or any of the top teams in the league. You have a 3 yr window with him and he is either done or gone. What can we do in 3 yrs when even Morey can't make Philly a contender in 4 yrs?

Why would we want 3 yrs of playoff appearance and then go back to rebuilding? Seems height of stupidity to me.

BamBam and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. invocux

invocux Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ooooola Moooonk..........

16. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Exactly! Plus, he is 30 years old. Its one thing if we still had Harden, Paul and Ariza, but with this team? Nope.

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Well, one guy was last year's MVP and a front runner this year. Any of our young guys: Alp, Jalen or Jabari, while promising are mystery boxes. Yes, young guys have youth, as we seen with players, but it doesn't guarantee anything. I like Alp, was arguing for him to get minutes since his rookie year. The progress he made is a drink of water at a desert.

The topic is a bit of a trap, or maybe an Alp flex? And we play along since it's an unrealistic hypothetical on a BBS. Unless Joel asks out, Daryl would not trade him. Joel is Philly's tanking prize, he's their crown jewel, especially after Okafor, Fultz, and Simmons. Their fanbase is finally enjoy some fruits of those dark tanking years. If a franchise has a window for title contention, GMs usually squeeze until there's no droplets left.

If Embid is actually on the market, you don't think the majority of the NBA GMs would trade half their team for him?

I like Alp. I'm happy Alp has taken a leap for us. Stylistically speaking I also don't like the way Embid plays the game (too much flopping). But if Stone can take Embid for Sengun straight up, do folks really think Stone won't pull the trigger? (rhetorical)

My homer glasses can be thick, but if predicting NBA GM's behaviors, this is one you can take it to the bank.

p.s. It's a weird night to bump this, as Embid just dropped 70 pts on a win.

p.s2 there are things to cheer for on this current Rockets team, we can enjoy also enjoy the journey instead of only focus on the destination. So this kind of ultimatum type of question isn't always fruitful, as I'm unnecessarily dissing players on my team. But if people wanted honest opinions, there it is.

If another player out there is better, doesn't mean ours is bad, just means our guy will have to keep improving.

#97 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    TheJet likes this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would only say no because we would be dealing with Morey. Morey would never just ask for Sengun, he would deplete our roster and future. Plus the dude is like a used car salesman. I would need 100 medical experts check on whatever he would want to send us. I will never forget the Aaron Brooks for Dragic and a pick trade.
    Loved when he was dealing for us but would hate to have to deal with him.

clos4life likes this.
  19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

This isn't about being a Sengun fanboy, or a typical fan blinded by their young stud's budding stardom, but trading Sengun for Embiid just doesn't make sense to me... We still don't know Sengun's ceiling, and he's young enough to grow with this team. If we get Embiid, we still wouldn't really be close to a championship unless maybe it was over the summer, and we pulled a 2011 Miami and landed another all-star or two to go alongside.

Otherwise, Embiid, amazing as he is, is near 30 and his peak. So we'd have someone at the top of their mountain surrounded by a bunch of mediocre players who wouldn't get him to the promised land. He couldn't even get there with Maxey and Harden. How is he gonna do it with Brooks and FVV? Unless you had a lot of confidence we would fill in the holes within his prime window...

The other concerns with Embiid: injuries, attitude, willingness to stick around on an average squad.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its clearly hypothetical dude.