1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis truly is the franchise player and we are lucky to have a guy like him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Monkey7392, May 6, 2002.

1. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

It makes me sick how some of you guys who call yourselves Rockets fans diss Francis, even think about trading him. Francis has shown nothing but loyalty to Houston, he has helped out alot with the community and says he wants to be a lifelong Rocket. He said he doesnt even need his agent this offseason. I mean how many guys in the NBA can you think can say that. I mean he can just quit on us right now that we are a lottery team. But he wont, this is truly his team. Francis has been my fav player ever since the trade to HOuston. He will one day be a Hall of Famer. WE need to all give him a break, he tries his heart out night in and night out. I think Francis deserves the Max simply because he has shown more loyalty that other Rockets players cough cough (Olajuwon). I mean dont get me wrong i love Hakeem, but he left us in the dust. Houston is Francis' home and he will be a legend in Houston just like Hakeem.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I think Francis is going to be the best point guard to ever play the game....:)

TheRealist137 likes this.
  3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Monkey,

I agree, Francis is a special player, and we are lucky to have a young man of his skills and talent wanting to sign an extension to stay with the Rockets to build a great team. However, there is no such thing as loyalty in sports. If Francis comes out and says he is going to sign with the Wizards so he can go back home, alot of people will come out and say that the Rockets organization and this city showed him loyalty, but ultimately Steve Francis the basketball player, and Steve Francis the man decided that he wanted to play elsewhere. Its not about loyalty, its a about money, the NBA is a business. If trading Francis could net you Iverson, Garnett, McGrady or whatever, then as fans why can we not dreamcast? I mean I'm sure there were times during the 1991-1992 season where a fan thought to himself, I wonder if we could trade Dream for Jordan. Thats what this BBS is for, dreamcasting, putting out opinions for other fans to read. However again I agree and respect your opinion, Francis has the makings to be a great player, lets hope he shows the league and the fans next season.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

didn't francis just come out and say he wanted to spend his whole career here? he's ready to sign the contract when it's presented, so it doesn't seem like that's really an issue. i see him leading us far into the playoffs for many years.

5. EG#1

EG#1 Member

finnaly, someone said it, i agree with monkey

6. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Show Steve Franchise some love- his is the Houston Rockets leader and future.

We are very lucky to have him!!!!!

7. bsb8532

bsb8532 Member

Steve is the Rockets franchise player. If someone blows us away in a deal for him then we have to consider it since our team was sad last year, but I think our GM knows that this guy is the real deal.

In fact, I just looked up our teams record last year. We were 26-29 with Steve (not bad considering the injuries and whatnot), but we were 2-25 without him! If that doesn't show what a single man does for our team both statistically and as a leader then I don't know what does.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bump for relevance

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

don grahamleone and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread only had seven posts . . . where was @AroundTheWorld when we needed him most???

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Argo

Out of Vancouver.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

burlesk, maypk, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

COPYPASTA POTENTIAL

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

:(

Only one playoff series in his career.

Along with Yao, Mac, Harden, and Chris Paul, another tragic hero in Rockets lore.

Thank god we had the 90s.

don grahamleone and comrade like this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stevie "Franchise" Francis was the original franchise player. It was in his nickname

napalm06 and kubli9 like this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Well 22 years ago I was 20 and clearly just as dumb as I am now. ;)

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

First thing I did was to scroll up and check if I posted in this thread. Glad I didn't :D.

harold bingo, Plowman and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Not bad. Pretty good guess.

burlesk likes this.
  19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm pretty sure this is in reference to the JOFs, look for the chapter guy.

20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

lolol:eek:

"how are they holding off on these pitches??"

#20 burlesk, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    don grahamleone likes this.