1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

I hadn't thought about redirecting Bridges to another team. Hmmmmm. . . That would open up a lot of doors there.

IvanLCPM, saleem and OremLK like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think the open market price for Bridges is like 4 frp's with a couple of them being late picks. Two picks and swaps plus Jalen Green for Bridges and Sharpe seems fair. Feels like a lot to us, but that's probably what it would cost. Maybe they send back one of those mediocre FRP's they have.

You have to keep in mind Bridges is on a fantastic contract and has 5-6 prime years in him. Of course he fits in our timeline, that's exactly our window and we need his prime years. All champions start players a variety of ages.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes Sharpe is a really good backup C under team control. Bridges would get much easier shots here. We would climb the standings fast imo.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

All first round picks are not created equal. You might legitimately be giving up four top 10 picks if you send them all their assets back. 2025 and 2026 are good drafts with excellent talent at the top, too.

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Of course any team's own picks can perpetually be made into a great FRP but if we give them their 2 picks then the 2 swaps become very low value. Swaps are not valued the same as picks.That's a team that can in a year or two create FA money and attract good enough FA's to make the playoffs.

It's all subjective I guess if it can be done with less, that's great we should definitely do it.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

How about Nick Richards for Tate?

kpdark likes this.
  8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I wonder how Jalen's name came up.

Weird though, so hear me out -- would you consider a Jalen Green for Grimes swap if the Knicks were sending draft capital our way? If so, how much?

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I would ask for a late protected FRP, but I doubt we get it.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Jalen Green should come off the bench.

11. TheBeastSystem

hornets bench

Corrosion likes this.
  12. TheBeastSystem

jalen is everything the hornets wanted bouknight to be.......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

13. kpdark

kpdark Member

should be a good pickup for the Rockets--too

Amel likes this.
  14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Hell yes, I would take Grimes and a FRP for Jalen in a heart beat.

Y2JT and evo8lover like this.
  15. HamJam

here's the thing on Jalen coming off the bench: who starts? If we trade for a new starting SG, and Jalen is still on the bench, then there just isn't going to be enough minutes to go around for Amen, Whitmore and Jalen -- so, keeping Jalen will hurt the development of Amen and Cam. And if we aren't getting a new starting SG, then who starts over Jalen? I love Whitmore, but he isn't ready to start yet.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Houston77

Supporting Member

Amen / FVV / Brooks / Smith / Sengun

17. HamJam

I'm very hopeful for Amen's future, and what the Sengun and Amen two man game can look like, but I don't think he's ready to start yet either.

His lack of shooting, even if he keeps cutting and occupying the dunker spot like they had him doing recently, is going to be too easy for defenses to exploit.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. Houston77

Supporting Member

I think he's be good starting in this particular lineup given the shooting. But otherwise, I'd probably want Tari starting once healthy if Jalen is benched.

19. HamJam

Now, I do love the idea of starting Tari instead of Jalen once he is healthy. Tari is definitely MFing ready to start.

However, we do need more shooting. Even more so than backup big, it is our most glaring need (and it was clear imo that it was our biggest roster issue, going into the season). So, even if Tari starts, how do we add more shooting via trade while still having enough minutes for all of (1)the added shooter, (2)Jalen, (3)Amen and (4)Cam off the bench?

The most logical thing to do is we replace Jalen's minutes in the rotation with the better shooter we add at the deadline.

20. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

According to the Nets and their fans, Bridges’ price is >4 FRPs, Finney-Smith is 2 FRPs, O’Neal is 1 FRP, Claxton probably 3 FRPs.

How many of them have actually found a buyer at those prices? Zero.

The Nets front office has always been full of bluster. They always try to project maximum strength. Occasionally it has worked for them (when they fleeced Phoenix’s new ownership). Right now they’re driving themselves off a cliff… we absolutely do not want to be the team that saves them by buying into their bluster at the last minute.