1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 7: Exit Stage Left

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 22, 2024.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Imagine KPJ making anybody look good. LOL. If anything, it’s actually Silas because he just let the kids do whatever the **** they want.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Sengun’s gravity and attention is 10x KPJ’s

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not even think he looked good, his numbers were there but I think he stat stuffed his points per game.....some just wanted to ride him hard.....pause.

His efficiency was below average.

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Yup... I'm praying to all the gods of everybody in history.

MarioKissoDeath and burlesk like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Plowman, ThatBoyNick and MadMax like this.
  6. conquistador#11

Oh no. Well played, sir.

I still say he has what's left of this year, the off season and all of next year before I worry. And if Cam happens to turn out to be a better player that what was destined. I wouldn't throw shade for missing on a 2nd pick. Sometimes it be like that

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hear Rush. Have to Like.

and for my Latinos

[​IMG]

#27 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    Zen Tabak and Plowman like this.
  8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I see people allude to Jalen Green being lazy or selfish or whatever and I just don't see that.

I just see a guy that's not good enough.

He has the play style of a big strong 2/3, with the waifish frame of a prototypical shooter. I can only imagine that when he was in HS he could always rise up over people. Now, he gets to the rim but is forced to contort his body in unnatural ways that only players his size with an elite layup package can score with. These are the same plays someone bigger like Cam Whitmore can just flush down without any extra skill.

Without growing or getting substantial strength he would have to either become an elite shooter, get an elite layup package, or become an elite playmaker to reach his potential.

joshuaao, Jrocketj, Zen Tabak and 4 others like this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Haven’t laughed this hard in a good while. Thanks OP

Plowman likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have no idea how you obtained this, but stop it RIGHT NOW!!!

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Looked good to some, those who valued kpj, wood as good players who has the potential to be all stars, those who think 5.5 apg with kpj's usage is a sign of great playmaking.

Still, Jalen's lack of improvement is surprising tbh. He improved in some areas that wasn't that necessary or expected but shooting and finishing is still pretty bad.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I don't think that's a strength/size thing as much as a heart/balls thing in all honesty. A lot smaller people with a lot less athleticism than Jalen power through the way Cam does. It reminds me of growing up playing rugby/lacrosse as a kid (and I guarantee anybody in the States who grew up playing football/hockey/lacrosse has seen this same story) there used to be big, brawny guys who'd get smashed to pieces on tackles and checks by little scrawny looking dudes. The difference? The little dudes went in hard, no hesitation and powered through - that's how 6'1 guys don't get injured getting smashed to the floor by 6'8 guys, they run straight through the tackle and momentum/pace carries you through so you don't take the hit full force. The big dudes getting mashed? Those guys hesitated before the tackle, slowed down before the big body checks, and you hesitate, you hurt. Jalen could EASILY go full speed and just launch himself over guys, his hops are way up there and on the court he looks marginally shorter than Cam or Amen, not massively shorter. The problem is he aint goin in hard, he's goin in soft, so he gets mashed. Them's the rules of any sport where your body's gonna hit an opponent's body, and anybody who's played a real contact sport knows I'm not lyin. Jalen needs to grow a pair and power through, if not he's not just done with us, he's done period. He's clearly not a sharpshooter, so whilst he learns to shoot he needs to be taking scalps, athleticism is literally all he has going for him.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

that's not even the issue with Jalen though. He gets PLENTY of space. But bro misses wide open 3's constantly. And he misses them badly too. He was one of six on three last night, and almost all of them were very open. And he's 2 for 24 from 3 in his last 4 games -- again, mostly open.

If dude just hit his wide open 3s at a league average rate, he'd be okish.

Zen Tabak, HardenReturns and Patience like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A lot of people deem development as linear and very predictable.....which cannot be further from the truth....

It is unexpected and full of wonders......also highly exponential. Professional scouts look dumb in cases even.

So I do not even begin to fathom why people go All In on inexperienced rookies and sophomores just to look good.

They never learn.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A big part of that is that his fanbois sold him as having some kind of legendary work ethic and he's shown little to no improvement since he was drafted

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Sure, I mean I thougth clarkson cannot have 5 meaningful minutes in a game that matters up until 3 years ago. Now he certainly doesn't look like that.

My experience is development is linear, but to see the effect in real life you need accumulation and that's why you observe the results in jumps, not linearly. And yes, it is exponential in nature.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Mamba mentality. Jalen is the next Kobe I heard. They would get mad when people would say his floor was Levine. He might never even reach that.

19. j@amc

j@amc Member

The change of scenery would be good for Jalen, as would the friendly pressure of playing for a contract next season...There has to be someone out there who thinks they can "unlock" Jalen's game and end up stealing a trade. But that window will pass quite soon.

joshuaao, fattz, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Once you get in the air it's not about balls anymore, it's just physics. If you're too scrawny you just get bumped off your path.

Guys like Ja Morant or Kyrie or young Wade or whoever just finish those shifty layups that Jalen can't.

HardenReturns likes this.