1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Officially unofficial] Divisional Round: Texans @ Ravens Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FishBulb913, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO there's nothing at all "frustrating" about it, the Texans were expected by many to be the 4th place team in the AFC South, some thought they'd be a bottom 5 team in the NFL and yet they won their division and a playoff game with a rookie QB missing a lot of key players.

The future is ridiculously bright, and I don't think a team drastically overperforming is frustrating at all.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good season overall, but this game showed us how far we need to go still to be a contender. Very disappointed with the playcalling, you gotta at least take some shots downfield. I don't think CJ threw a pass in the endzone a single time, just like week 1.

Hard to win a playoff game on the road as an underdog with no running game and no shots downfield.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't believe that was by design, "no shots downfield", because it looked like CJ was taking 5-7 step drops in the pocket to get ready to launch one up but our offensive line struggled all day and our receivers obviously failed to get separation. This Baltimore defense is the best in the league, lets just just be real about it. They may end up winning it all the way they're playing as a collective but that defense is stout and for CJ to be the only one able to produce only 175 yards of offense after what he just did against Cleveland last week says a lot.

Overall I believe we had an exceptional season and that came as a huge surprise to everyone within the fanbase. The fact that our pick will be the lower of the pick we traded from us to Arizona and the Cleveland pick that we own will be higher says so much about what our season became. We won the AFC South for God's sakes... with two rookies at the helm! (QB and HC)

I'm proud of these guys and hopefully we can find some playmakers on the line to help CJ, some DBs to grow and mature with Stingley/Pitre, and a good DT to help our LBs get loose.... that's my Christmas Draft/FA Day wish list.

Saeculum, plates300 and mfastx like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

it sucks; we had the only qb to not have a TD and of course our game was the one that wasn't the closest. Just frustrated; don't hate the team or CJ or anything

Rudyc281 and everyday eddie like this.
  5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Just a quick thought. Would you be happy with Seth Brown as a platoon lefty and Bench OFer who can also cover 1B? I'm just randomly loking at Power from the Left in the OF and know nothing about his fielding or weaknesses. He's sort of an anti-Meyers/McCormick with power against righties and weakness vs Lefties.

6. swakid8

swakid8 Member

2012 was the letterman jacket year….

7. swakid8

swakid8 Member

‘The ending of 2012 was very frustrating and inexcusable….That team and coaching staff mailed it in and coasted to the playoffs…..

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't remember the fan base being "OK" with losing a bye. They may have been OK in that the losses didn't ultimately cost them the playoffs - but if a fan is "OK" not getting a bye and homefield advantage in round 2 of the playoffs, they're not a very knowledgeable fan.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I remember being on this forum in 2012 and I recall the sentiment being that "oh it sucks but I'm excited for the playoffs"

Meanwhile I was livid. The team sure as hell seemed like they didn't care about home field with their performances in those two games. It was a mini choke job

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I remember this the same way.

I was losing my **** at that and I remember a distinct level of apathy on this bbs about it.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Well, acknowledging that something "sucks" isn't the same as being "okay" with something. And that would've been their second-ever playoff appearance so there may have been some silver linings, for sure.

As someone who stomped up and down for a home playoff game this season (when everyone wanted to focus on how vulnerable the Chiefs and Bills were - lol), playoff games of *any* kind, anywhere, would've ultimately been fine by me.

I had to look the two games up. And even after doing so, I don't remember a lot about them. Both teams (Vikings and Colts) won 10+ games, so those weren't cakewalks. And it wasn't a case of the Texans sitting starters.

'12 was a weird year because I think a lot of us felt something was off - and the second half kind of confirmed it. They went 5-3 down the stretch - but had to pull off improbable wins against bad Jags and Lions teams; were pummeled by the Patriots (42-14)...

I don't know - maybe there was a PLAYOFFS YAY! sentiment (again, it would've been the second-only appearance) - but that may have been more of the casual fans' approach?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

turns out the line was very well respected in Hou favor and it wasn't close to enough points

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Sucks that all these people didn't get to see the good version of CJ.

ROCKSS and everyday eddie like this.
  16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well, that didn't last long and we had no shot against the Swifties....

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

18. Rocketsglare

Rocketsglare Member

Feel a little better about our loss to the Ravens. Kansas City didn’t score after halftime and still won. Their defense was lights out though. lol poor Raven fans.

19. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

F the NFL Chiefs, everything goes their way!

J.R. likes this.
  20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Smh if only we used our TEs more and went for quick hitting screens / slants we might’ve had a better chance …. Then again (false start after false start)

Rvo384 likes this.